Director of Program Outreach and Engagement (Repro Health/Social Services)
Director of Program Outreach and Engagement
Remote Work, Full-Time Position
Provide is seeking an experienced team manager to lead Provide's Outreach and Engagement team to drive programmatic expansion and to lead our strategic partnership work. In this role, the DPOE will revitalize our Abortion Referrals Training strategy, identify and engage new audiences for new and existing programs, and launch a provider network to help support access to abortion care in marginalized communities. This work will evolve as Provide grows and shifts. Our ideal candidate is a clear, strategic thinker who delights in robust and meaningful collaboration with their colleagues. They approach leadership with integrity, empathy, straightforward multi-directional communication, and impeccable boundaries. We are looking for someone who can compellingly communicate Provide's vision, strategy, and impact to our external and internal stakeholders.
Founded in 1992, Provide is a national remote-work organization working to ensure that there is access to abortion, especially for those living in rural communities and Southern and Midwestern states. Provide educates and supports health and social service providers to be able to give the care and support those facing an unintended pregnancy need. Our work is rooted in the on-the-ground realities of people's lives and of the systems and resources that are available to them. We believe that everyone has a role in supporting access to abortion care and that by giving people the tools and resources to play their role we can transform the way abortion is experienced where improved access is needed most.
Provide is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, LGBQIA+, Trans and Nonbinary people, and those with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Director of Program Outreach and Engagement is responsible for developing and leading Provide's strategy for building partnerships with key stakeholders to expand the reach and impact of Provide's mission and vision. The Director of Program Outreach and Engagement is responsible for all planning, reporting, team management, and staff supervision related to the Program Outreach and Engagement Department. With staff, the DPOE delivers Provide's flagship Abortion Referrals Training. The DPOE works closely with leadership and staff to ensure that relationships built in the organization translate into successful partnerships that are fully aligned with Provide's organizational goals and objectives. The Director of Program Outreach and Engagement also collaborates with the Director of Program Development and the Managing Director to develop and implement effective leadership and program strategies within the Programs Division.
This position is a full-time (40 hr/week) remote work position based in the US. We require staff travel for organizational meetings, and this position also requires travel for training, relationship-building, and to support programmatic work. This position currently reports to the Managing Director.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Expand Provide's Programmatic Reach – 50%
· LEAD OUTREACH AND ENGAGEMENT STRATEGY
- Lead staff in creating and implementing effective engagement strategies to deepen relationships with healthcare and social service providers to build buy-in for Provide's mission and programming.
- Lead staff in identifying and engaging new program audiences and developing and executing outreach strategy to drive the expansion of the Abortion Referrals Training and other emergent and pilot programming to priority audiences and geographic regions.
- Inform program development and program outreach strategy by collecting and analyzing data and trends related to the systems where Provide works and anticipating new opportunities for program delivery.
· EXECUTE AND OVERSEE THE DELIVERY OF ABORTION REFERRALS TRAINING
- Lead staff in delivering excellent Abortion Referrals Training, including developing and modeling excellence in Provide training competencies and ensuring all department staff demonstrate excellence in training.
- Ensure quality program delivery by working with Program Development, Evaluation, and Communications to set, maintain, and evaluate benchmarks for impact and presentation of the program.
· DEVELOP AND LAUNCH PROVIDER NETWORK
- Lead the development and implementation of the vision, strategy, and operational plan for a provider network that shares best practices around stigmatized health care and works to decrease barriers to abortion access for their healthcare and social service clients
Lead Strategic Partnerships Work – 10%
· INITIATE ORGANIZATIONAL AND PROGRAM PARTNERSHIPS
- Identify and engage stakeholders—including organizations, movement leaders, advocates, and policymakers— to build partnerships and collaborations that result in strategic improvement of Provide's organizational position and the delivery of Provide programming to wider audiences.
- Represent and present Provide's work at conferences, coalition meetings, and with national, state, and local stakeholders as needed to initiate and maintain partnerships and move program work.
· MONITOR AND RESPOND TO RELEVANT SHIFTS IN THE EXTERNAL LANDSCAPE
- Monitor and review trends and development in public policy and programmatic shifts with the potential to impact the work of Provide and provide recommendations for a response, including opportunities to deepen Provide's impact, to Provide leadership and communications department.
- Collaborate with Provide staff, across departments, on the implementation of response recommendations.
Departmental Oversight – 20%
· INTERDEPARTMENTAL COLLABORATION & COMMUNICATION
- Implement effective interdepartmental collaborative practices and processes to ensure the timely exchange of information, insights, and data to achieve Provide's organizational goals and objectives.
· DEPARTMENT PLANNING, BUDGETING, & REPORTING
- Develop objectives for the Outreach and Engagement Department according to the organization's strategic goals; develop and manage departmental budgets, including full and timely participation in all organizational budgeting processes; ensure ongoing progress reports, project management, and routine organizational planning and reporting for the department.
Supervisory Responsibilities – 20%
· Model excellence in Provide's Core Competencies for staff with supervisory responsibilities, including team management, team building, conflict leadership, coaching and staff development, and modeling organizational understanding.
· Staff effective team, including recruitment, hiring, onboarding, performance evaluation, and, when needed, performance improvement/remediation.
· Champion the "bigger picture," regularly connecting outreach and engagement work to Provide's organizational goals, objectives, and impact in communications with teams
· Establish and maintain ongoing exchanges of constructive and timely feedback with individual staff members to set clear expectations and ensure the conditions for excellent work are in place
Perform additional team responsibilities
· Attends team meetings (e.g., division, all staff) via video conference regularly and with enthusiasm
· Directly related work experience in the non-profit industry, preferably with substantial experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Stakeholder Engagement and relationship-building with measurable results
- Program Strategy and Expansion
- Program Development and Implementation
- Policy Monitoring and Analysis
· Demonstrated experience as a team manager and leader
· Demonstrated experience building strong organizational and programmatic partnerships and coalition building
· Demonstrated facilitation, training, and presentation skills
· Demonstrated ability to conceptualize "big picture" organizational thinking in conjunction with departmental and programmatic details,
· Excellent writing skills, including the ability to translate strategy and desired outcomes into written goals, objectives, and activities
· Persistence, resourcefulness, and the ability to identify opportunities and needs and respond to these creatively and flexibly
· Ability to work in a remote work, team-oriented environment
· Excellent communication skills (in-person, email, phone, status reports, managing documents, remote meetings)
· Good at problem-solving and working with ongoing learning curves
· Comfort with using and trouble-shooting remote work technology
· Commitment to Provide's core mission, values, and program
Salary Range and Benefits
The Director of Program Outreach and Engagement is a full-time position, with the starting annual salary in the range of $80,000 to $85,000. Provide offers a generous benefits package, which currently includes: Group health and dental coverage, 403b plan with company match, stipend for productive workspace and internet and cell phone allowance, long and short-term disability insurance, group life insurance, and paid time off. Paid time off includes: 12 paid holidays per year (with flexibility/floating holidays) PLUS paid Winter Holiday from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day, 15 vacation days per year, 10 sick days per year, monthly paid Wellness Days, paid parental leave, jury duty and bereavement leave, and paid emergency leave.
Provide staff are remote workers and we do not have a physical location. This is a remote position for an applicant based in the United States and who can work with others on a remote team. Up to 25% travel may be required. **NOTE: Provide is currently operating under a non-mandatory travel policy through the remainder of 2021; therefore, staff members may or may not travel for work based on their own comfort level.**
To apply, please send along your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address the following items in your cover letter (as well as anything else related to your interest or qualifications that you would like us to know):
· Tell us about a time when you identified an opportunity for growth or expansion of a program or project and then took steps to make that growth happen. How did you know it was time to grow? Who did you involve? What actions did you take? What was the end result?
· Tell us about the most successful relationship that you helped to build for an organization. Tell us how and why you built the relationship, who was involved, and what happened because of the relationship.
· What does it mean to you to lead a team with integrity, empathy, and impeccable boundaries?
No phone calls, please. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the Hiring Process
Final candidates will be provided a written scenario and asked to submit a brief written proposal in response. Specific instructions will be provided to finalist candidates.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Provide is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Provide believes that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Together, We Are Transforming Healthcare