Diversity Equity and Inclusion Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Lead the design and implementation of a DEI framework, by establishing goals, metrics and assessment criteria to create an antiracist organization.
- Collaborate and partner with Human Resources to develop an action plan to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce, and embed DEI into all talent systems across the employment life cycle, including identification and development of diverse talent, succession planning, leadership development, people management and recruitment.
- Collaborate and partner with BCPL leadership in the evaluation and delivery of policies and procedures that meet the requirements of a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce.
- Develop, plan and execute DEI activities (e.g. training, education, workshops, events and communication) to engage the organization and help make BCPL's staff, teams, and culture more inclusive, equitable, and responsive.
- Oversee and advance BCPL's internal advisory groups, teams and other groups to provide guidance on racial equity work plan, and other initiatives that foster a culture of openness and inclusion.
- Collaborate with BCPL's leaders to strengthen their roles as champions and advocates for DEI, both internally and externally, driving awareness, commitment and accountability.
- Serves as an advisor and thought leader on DEI issues.
- Mediate conversations among leadership and staff on culturally sensitive issues.
- Collaborate with appropriate staff members to ensure that programs, partnerships and outreach efforts are developed and assessed through an equity lens, and are reflective of the diverse perspectives, cultures, and needs of our community.
- Actively supports the mission, vision and values of Baltimore County Public Library.
This is a full time position working 40 hours a week. All library Administration Office staff may be required to work evenings, Saturdays and Sundays throughout the year as a part of the normal work schedule.
- Completion of a bachelor's degree plus five (5) years of related experience.
- Experience working with diverse groups, traditionally under represented groups.
- Experience in training and/or educational environment.
- Professional Diversity Certification a plus.
- Ability to facilitate training and to carry equipment and materials needed for learning programs.
- Ability to write and speak clearly, stay calm under pressure and seek effective solutions.
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to use computers, Microsoft applications, and other technology tools to perform work duties and assist staff.
- Ability to plan and coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to communicate effectively and exercise good judgment when handling difficult situations.
- Ability to make presentations to the public and perform outreach activities.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE.
Please Note: This position closes on June 3, 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.