Nonprofit Network Director
This job is no longer accepting applications.
For over 30 years, EarthShare has worked across sectors to engage millions of people and thousands of workplaces in supporting the health of our planet, and to date, it has distributed more than $370 million to fuel the work of its Nonprofit Partners. EarthShare participates in over 600 public and private sector workplace fundraising and engagement campaigns, delivers strategic environmental programming, and processes more than one million donor transactions and 4,000 grants to the nonprofit sector annually.
Building on a history of success, EarthShare recently completed a strategic planning process aimed at evolving the organization for the future and committed to significant shifts in strategy in order to scale its influence, operations, and increase positive impact for the planet. Moving forward, EarthShare will focus more than ever on exploring innovative approaches for bringing new and more diverse groups of people and organizations into the environmental movement, while delivering greater value for our nonprofit partners. Our staff and partners will work collaboratively to become the go-to community for inspiring and accelerating the environmental action necessary to ensure a more just and sustainable future for all.
EarthShare is committed to building a robust and inclusive network of environmental nonprofits working across issues to mitigate the environmental crisis. For that reason, we are seeking a motivated Nonprofit Network Director who will be responsible for leading and managing our growing community of Nonprofit partners. The Nonprofit Network Director will be an experienced professional with a proven track record of creative problem solving and program development. This is a newly created position that will report to the VP of Impact and will work closely with the entire EarthShare staff to help advance our mission.
The ideal candidate will bring a passion for the nonprofit sector; experience in environmental issues or sustainability more broadly; an intellectual curiosity for creating impact by leveraging EarthShare’s unique position within the nonprofit, corporate, and public sectors; and significant experience in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment. In addition, the candidate will bring a record of fostering collaboration and communication with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders, an interest in leveraging technology to create value and impact, an entrepreneurial mindset, and a willingness to learn by doing.
This role will play a critical part in the organization’s next phase of growth and must embrace the creativity and tenacity required to create something truly special. We need team players that share our vision of making EarthShare one of the most respected, inclusive, and impactful organizations on the planet. People who are passionate about scaling an organization and creating a legacy of environmental action are strongly encouraged to apply.
EarthShare is dedicated to building a robust and inclusive network of environmental nonprofits working across issues to mitigate the environmental crisis. For that reason, we are adding a Nonprofit Network Director to our team to grow our community of Nonprofit partners. The Nonprofit Network Director will be an established professional skilled at solving creative problems and developing new programs.
We are looking for a candidate who has a passion for the nonprofit sector. The Nonprofit Network Director will have a robust comprehension of environmental issues or sustainability more broadly; a curiosity for creating impact by leveraging EarthShare’s unique position within the nonprofit, corporate, and public sectors; and skilled at managing a complex, multi-stakeholder environment. In addition, the Director will have effectively used collaboration and communication skills with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders, an interest in leveraging technology to create value and impact, an entrepreneurial mindset, and a willingness to learn by doing.
The Nonprofit Network Director will play a critical role in the organization’s next phase of growth. The Director will thrive if they embrace the creativity and tenacity necessary to create something extraordinary. The Director will believe in and actively promote our vision to make EarthShare one of the most respected, dynamic, and impactful organizations on the planet. People who are eager to help scale our organization and creating a legacy of environmental action are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Create inclusive processes to help EarthShare engage with an increasingly diverse cohort of nonprofit partners in terms of nonprofit leadership, communities served, geographic focus, issue area focus, services and programs offered, etc.
- Grow the number of nonprofit partners in the EarthShare network and increase the number of nonprofits that utilize our pay-for services that provide access to public and private philanthropic campaigns.
- Refine the criteria for nonprofit participation and establish a process that ensures the network includes only organizations of the highest integrity.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for nonprofit partners, ensuring that the network has a high degree of satisfaction.
- Spearhead the planning and delivery of various convenings of the nonprofit network to provide value, enable networking, and update the network about EarthShare news.
- Partner with the Brand and Marketing team to help with the strategy and delivery of communications that highlight the breadth and influence of the nonprofit network.
- Work closely with other teams to provide strategic direction on how businesses can partner with Nonprofit Partners and help to establish partnerships based on a company’s specific goals and requirements.
- Maintain accurate database records in Salesforce.
- Positively contribute to the organization’s culture, accountability, transparency, and impact.
The future Nonprofit Network Director will:
- Have worked in the nonprofit sector, ideally with an environmental impact organization with demonstrated expertise in one or more environmental impact areas or sustainable development goals (SDGs) is a plus.
- Have experience in a relevant field (environmental or social impact, philanthropy, public policy, nonprofit management, corporate social responsibility, or management consulting). A college degree or equivalent work experience is a plus.
- Demonstrate excellence in ideating, developing, and implementing programs and initiatives, with a successful record of delivering expected outcomes within budget and time constraints.
- Demonstrate a professional and personal passion for EarthShare’s mission and vision.
- Successfully establish and systematically work towards goals, and demonstrates the ability to consistently make good decisions through a thoughtful decision making process
- Proactive problem-solver with the ability to think strategically and anticipate future consequences and trends.
- Proficiency in Salesforce.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Comfort with adopting and learning new technologies.
- Experience and comfort with public speaking and event hosting (in person and virtual).
- Exceptional written, oral, and communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, self-directed, and fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative working style with an ability to build consensus.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Salary + Benefits
This is a full-time position with the opportunity for location flexibility. The starting salary is competitive, with the opportunity for periodic review and performance-based growth. EarthShare promotes a work-life balance, a flexible schedule, and offers an excellent benefits package, including generous paid-time off, parental leave, health, dental and vision insurance, and participation in a 403b retirement plan with a competitive match.
EarthShare is an equal opportunity employer; people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, cultures, skills, and experiences, knowing that the more inclusive we are, the more successful we will be.
To apply, email your resume and a cover letter detailing relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and Nonprofit Network Director in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be notified by email. The deadline to apply is June 4, 2020. To learn more about EarthShare, please visit our website at earthshare.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
To ensure a thriving future for all inhabitants of our beautiful planet