This job is no longer accepting applications.
We hope you are inspired by what we do and are excited to contribute to our mission. The Academy is looking for candidates who do great work, and we know they may come from a number of different backgrounds and experiences. We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every one of the qualifications for the position.
We have an immediate opening for a temporary recruiter to work closely with our hiring teams to fill various positions across the Academy. The recruiter is responsible for full-cycle recruitment, including sourcing/networking, hiring manager/candidate liaison, and applicant system tracking. This role will also help us cultivate relationships and share opportunities with various networks to build a diverse pipeline of underrepresented talent for current and future roles. This position is currently a six-month full-time position reporting to the Staffing Manager.
We are committed to ensuring diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion are intrinsic to Academy culture and operations, from recruitment and retention to science and advocacy. Explore Our Commitment to Racial Equity to learn about our intentional engagement of traditionally excluded groups in an effort to spark interest in or foster pathways to scientific careers.
The position is primarily remote in California for the time being. They must easily be able to work onsite when needed and in accordance with the latest health and safety guidelines.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Full-cycle Recruitment - 75% of time
● Delivers a consistent, fair, and equitable recruitment experience for every candidate from the application stage to hire
● Create job postings; attract applicants by posting jobs on traditional and non-traditional job boards, social networks, community forums
● Collaborates with hiring managers to develop and execute a diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility recruitment strategy
● Conducts behavioral-based interviewing and conduct debrief meetings.
● Develops strong relationships with hiring managers within all levels of the Academy
● Conduct interviews using the latest methods and tools to ensure we deliver a fair and consistent hiring process
● Organize and lead post-interview debrief sessions with interview teams and candidates
● Provides regular status updates and tracks hiring data to evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment efforts
● Maintains strict confidentiality and demonstrate sound discretion
● Follow all Academy safety regulations
● Other duties as assigned
Networking and Community Outreach - 25% of time
● Create and maintain relationships with key educational institutions, professional associations, diversity organizations, individuals, and community organizations to use as recruiting sources
● Conduct market research to understand where external diverse talent pools exist and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to explore initiatives to tap into those talent pools
● 2+ years of experience recruiting for a variety of roles, preferably within the museum/cultural attraction, hospitality, or retail industries, a plus
● Demonstrated experience in applying best practices, creative methods, and other ideas to attract and candidates from underrepresented groups
● Applicant tracking experience and communicating with collaborative documents and tools, such as google suite
● Knowledge and understanding of local and federal labor and employment laws
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
● Strong collaborative skills and ability to manage recruitment for multiple roles with a variety of skill sets and experiences
● Ability to apply inclusion, empathy, confidentiality and tact at every stage of the recruitment process, regardless of the hiring outcome
● Good attention to detail, open communicator, flexible in approach and style to accommodate different preferences
● Proactive and solution-oriented approach to engaging and attracting talent with a strong emphasis on the candidate experience
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities who meet the job’s essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use a computer, and communicate on the phone, in person, and online meetings/calls. Must be able to perform repetitive motions 80% of the time.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and complete the brief online application at the link provided.
The California Academy of Sciences will give full consideration for employment to all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49).
The California Academy of Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, place of birth, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, height or weight, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.