Youth Mentor Program Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
A growing Northern California-based national non-profit which assists 6.9 million Americans affected by the autoimmune disease alopecia areata seeks a dynamic and organized manager for nation-wide youth mentor program.
The Youth Mentor Program Manager promotes youth mentor/mentee relationships and actively seeks youth mentor volunteers to provide support to mentees and their families. The Director will promote best practices and policies that increase engagement and participation and ensure the safety of program participants.
- Review program operation and make recommendations to improve program and increase participation and engagement in existing and new relationships.
- Increase visibility of the program in the alopecia areata community through internal and external communication channels.
- Ensure safety of program participants through appropriate mentor vetting and training, incorporating safety within program practices, and regular periodic follow-up.
- Work as a team with other NAAF staff to develop consistent best practices for recruiting, onboarding and mentoring volunteers in all programs.
- Enhance recruiting, onboarding and matching process, and mentor/mentee relationship engagement.
- Update orientation and training material for youth mentors, and move from written to visual social media platform / communication.
- Transition processes related to recruiting, onboarding and mentor/mentee meeting processes to an online portal application.
- Develop a virtual mentor communication network and schedule periodic meetings and trainings to assess effectiveness of program.
The ideal candidate:
- Is self-motivated, resourceful, and comfortable working independently with high personal accountability.
- Has exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including cross-cultural communications.
- Has a background in education and/or working with children of different age groups
- Has nonprofit program and volunteer management experience in enhancing and growing programs and engagement.
- Has experience implementing and maintaining online volunteer management portals
- Is highly relational, at ease stewarding volunteer relationships.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Support research to find acceptable treatments; supports those with the disease, and educates the public about alopecia.