Director of FInancial Planning and Analysis
Boston, MA, USA Remote / Work-at-Home /WFH
The mission of the Director, FP&A is to contribute to Lovepop’s profitability and growth initiatives through diligent financial planning, proper prioritization of team resources and fostering a data-driven decision-making culture. Reporting to the CFO, the Director FP&A will work with many facets of the business to provide visibility on all things financial to key stakeholders, surfacing new insights and improving processes. The successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to communicate financial insights and recommend appropriate actions.
What you'll do here:
- Partner with the Lovepop leadership team to develop and maintain a robust financial model that is accurate and up to date at all times.
- Meet with business and operations managers to review our financial performance, and to assist those leaders in developing plans to address areas of concern or further accelerate positive trends.
- Participate in the monthly financial close process to quickly identify and explain variances.
- Drive Lovepop’s company goal setting, KPI development and measurements of success.
- Help maintain enterprise planning software to facilitate a collaborative annual planning process, timely internal reporting and serve external reporting needs.
- Perform Ad-hoc financial projects and analysis (i.e. unit economics).
- Analyze complex data sets to identify trends, meaningful insights, and overall business implications.
- Establish and maintain forecast accuracy KPIs to continuously reduce variation and improve forecasting.
What you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelors in a quantitative field, Masters is a plus
- 5+ years of FP&A experience which must include forecasting/modeling
- Advanced skills in both MS Excel (including cohort and scenario analyses) and Google Sheets
- Ability to design and craft executive level presentations sufficient to support and inform the Lovepop board of directors
- Strong and persuasive communication skills with the ability to create clarity and direction within the organization
- Self-starter, deadline driven, organized and able to multitask
- A robust analytical skill-set, endless curiosity and a passion to find elegant, unexpected solutions to complex problems
- Able to work well and build rapport with others in a dynamic, remote team environment
- Good working knowledge of US GAAP
You'll be great if you have:
- Direct experience managing, growing, and mentoring a high performing team
- Strong data analytics (e.g. python, SQL) and experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Sigma)
- Experience with enterprise planning tools (e.g. Adaptive Insights, Budget Maestro)
- Experience with Netsuite or other Accounting and ERP software
Lovepop is headquartered in Boston, MA, however, is embracing work remotely across the US.
Your application has been successfully submitted.