Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Services
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Franklin & Marshall College is a residential college dedicated to excellence in undergraduate liberal education. Its aims are to inspire in young people of high promise and diverse backgrounds a genuine and enduring love for learning, to teach them to read, write, and think critically, to instill in them the capacity for both independent and collaborative action, and to educate them to explore and understand the natural, social and cultural worlds in which they live. In so doing, the College seeks to foster in its students qualities of intellect, creativity, and character, that they may live fulfilling lives and contribute meaningfully to their occupations, their communities, and their world.
The Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Services supports the work of the Vice President of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to enhance the College's DEI goals by working with all students, international and multicultural groups and Faculty and Professional Staff.
- Create and participate in programs, trainings and initiatives pertaining to diversity, inclusion, and equity on campus and within the community.
- Work in collaboration with all student groups and their advisors and in particular work with African American, Asian American, and Latinx students and the organizations that represent them.
- Provide oversight and management of the College's Intercultural Programming and other cultural centers.
- Hire, train and supervise student workers. Maintain website and social media experience.
- Work with the Posse liaison, DACA and First-Generation students by establishing programs and supporting their needs.
- Support and work with the VP of DEI on FPS initiatives and projects.
- Master's Degree
- Minimum 3 year’s experience with DEI, preferably in higher education
- Proficiency working with Google Suite App and Social Media programs (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.
Full-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff receive competitive starting pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, dental, vision, education benefits for employees, spouses and dependent children, and enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, recreation and fitness facilities, and libraries, plus access to College performances, lectures, and events.
Franklin & Marshall College is committed to having an inclusive campus community where all members are treated with dignity and respect. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender/gender-identity, sex, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, family or marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering students to become citizens of great influence and purpose since 1787.