This job is no longer accepting applications.
Starting Wage: $21.47+ per hour, depending on qualifications
Hours: Full Time, M-F 8am-5pm
Position Closes: April 17
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause
Are you an accounting professional looking to be a part of a dynamic team for a fast-paced, forward-thinking organization? Would you like to work for a cause-driven organization supporting over 800 employees? As the junior accountant, you will provide financial and administrative support to the association and branches with strong focus on YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
In this position you will be able to use your skills to:
- Process all payable invoices for the Association weekly including distribution of invoices to branches for coding/approval. Manage credit card statements. Ensure timely and accurate processing of payables. Act as a liaison for vendors to reconcile any billing discrepancies Maintain vendor files and archives. Review branch invoices approved for payment for proper G/L code, accuracy of amounts to be entered including use tax and available cash discounts. Ensure correct payment terms are used to manage the payment process.
- Process AP connect (merchant credit card service) invoices into credit card batch in Great Plains and upload batch file to the bank portal.
- Educate vendors on virtual credit card process to continue movement to paperless payment process.
- Select invoices for payment by due date and mail checks to vendors while educating branch bookkeepers regarding payable process and use of payment terms.
- Maintain the Accounts Payable database with accurate and up-to-date information.
- Manage A/P payment terms and aging process including reconciliation of A/P Miscellaneous account and prepaid expense accounts.
- Post adjusting journal entries for G/L transfers and accrued expenses.
- Perform expense analysis and monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts as assigned.
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing as well as annual financial audits.
- Maintain and record fixed assets by tracking capital project invoices, payments, and spreadsheet.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local reporting requirements.
- Maintain sales and use tax procedures as well as related spreadsheets.
- Provide various reports that will inform and assist branch and Association Office staff as requested.
- Develop and maintain processes to ensure appropriate audit trails and efficient flow of purchase orders, check requests, invoices, vendor statements, inquiries and checks paid. Document these processes and provide resources.
- Complete special projects in timely and accurate fashion as requested by Controller and CFO.
At the Y, we strive to draw the most talented leaders to make an impact each day in Pierce and Kitsap Counties and to champion diversity and inclusion in all aspects of work. We invite individuals who are motivated servant leaders to apply to be an active, inspiring part of the team.
As a full time employee, you will receive a medical/dental/vision benefits package, retirement savings plan, Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), life and long term disability benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), Extended Leave Plan (ELP), and a family membership to the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties.
Are you a good fit?
- You are committed to valuing and promoting diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- You have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- You have 2+ years’ experience in accounting and hands-on experience working with general ledgers and A/P
- You are proficient with ERP system (Great Plains Dynamics preferred) and Excel.
- You have knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- You pay attention to detail, are accurate, and adhere to deadlines
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are excellent at problem-solving
- You are able to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- You show initiative while working as a team
- You are accountable, have integrity, and champion diversity
Your application has been successfully submitted.