Advisor, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$64 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2019 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Human Resources
Position type : Salaried
Reporting to the Head of Global Initiatives, Diversity, Equity and inclusion, you serve as key contributor and advisor in developing and executing Ivanhoé Cambridge’s corporate diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) strategy from an employer and investor lens. In performing these duties, you will help position the Company as a leader in the real estate industry in DEI-related matters.
As part of your role, you will work with team members and leaders from a variety of departments, markets and personal/professional backgrounds to diagnose the status quo and analyze best practices in DEI. You will also participate and advise on the creation, development, and implementation of a strategic action plan aimed at supporting the Company’s business objectives at the national and international level.
Our ambition in this regard is strong with a goal to transform our practices and procedures for a resilient and sustainable impact. As a change agent, you will leverage your passion for diversity, equity and inclusion to help us build a rich, multifaceted culture in line with Ivanhoé Cambridge’s current and future needs.
Specific duties include the following:
- Implement the DEI strategic action plan and identify areas of opportunity in the process;
- Act as a key right hand, work closely with the Head of Global Initiatives, DEI and project team and assist and support the entire process, from diagnosing the organization in relation to DEI (including current data, practices and procedures,);
- Advise and guide the organization-wide transformation and strategy and ensure its effective implementation;
- Influence and act as a change agent to foster and deliver innovative DEI-related leadership;
- Engage and influence others and coordinate the overall plan; assist in the execution of initiatives in collaboration with multiple internal and external partners;
- Keep abreast of trends and best practices and incorporate them into the organization as appropriate to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive culture and strengthen the Company’s reputation in this regard;
- Support and nurture strong and lasting partnerships with CDPQ members, partners and external suppliers in line with the action plan;
- Identify external influencers, organizations and local experts to join forces with to develop programs in support of DEI efforts;
- Use KPIs to develop tools to analyze performance and outcomes of selected initiatives;
- Help organize, analyze, interpret, evaluate, produce and maintain data, surveys, benchmarks, reports, documents and presentations and recommendations of findings through the use of metrics and dashboards of DEI information in a concise format with attention to message and the audience;
- Work with the Public Affairs and Communication teams in managing change in order to promote corporate initiatives;
- Collaborate with the Corporate Social Responsibility team and other internal teams to integrate our principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the management of our assets, development projects, and relationships with our investment partners and communities;
- Support, recommend and help drive relevant training and awareness activities to strengthen diversity, equity and inclusion within the organization;
- Carry out other tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, project management or a related discipline;
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in diversity, equity and inclusion and in working on large-scale projects (or a suitable combination of experience and education);
- A strong interest, passion and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Self-awareness and astute cultural acumen;
- Experience in working with a team from diverse and multi-functional backgrounds and influencing various stakeholders;
- Experience as a trainer, activity leader and group facilitator;
- Experience in identifying and assessing needs, and implementing effective KPIs;
- Data gathering, analysis, data visualization and presentation experience;
- Ability to work independently, effectively manage priorities, multitask and perform under pressure, even in ambiguous situations;
- Dynamic professional who is process driven, highly organized and business analytical with a keen business acumen;
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in French and English;
- Effective business analytics and data science skills
- Solid skills and experience with Microsoft software suite including Microsoft Office, Visio, Sharepoint, One Note, and other technology and data visualization software to analyze, communicate and present key information from a multiple sources and produce engaging and informative communications.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
YOU HAVE EVERYTHING TO GAIN!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially .
Your application has been successfully submitted.