At LifeStraw, we believe everyone deserves equitable access to safe drinking water. We design beautiful, simple, and functional products that provide the highest protection from unsafe water based on where and how they will be used. We also take our responsibility to people and planet seriously. For every product sold, a child in need receives access to safe water for an entire year. We have been partners in the fight for the eradication of Guinea worm for 25 years, and we actively respond to emergencies across the globe. We are Climate Neutral Certified and from product to packaging, we measure and minimize our environmental impact. We strive to support underrepresented communities through our actions, our products, our marketing, and our communications. We live, work, and create with impact in mind. We fight for good and always err on the side of action.
LifeStraw’s legal department lends support to the sales, marketing, finance, and operations and product teams and oversees intellectual property/global brand management, regulatory and compliance and risk management.
We’re seeking a paralegal with excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills and experience with contracts and contract management, corporate transactions, database organization and intellectual property agreements is required. This position will report to the General Counsel and will be based at LifeStraw’s headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland.
This position will evolve, and may expand to include areas beyond what is listed below, as LifeStraw’s needs evolve:
- Work on a broad range of legal-related matters including intellectual property, licensing, contract interpretation, advertising, promotions, social media, ecommerce, and regulatory compliance.
- Review and advise on product packaging and all manner of advertising/marketing materials with a special emphasis on supporting our ecommerce business.
- Partner with General Counsel on licensing, influencer, and distribution agreements.
- Research and identify relevant judicial decisions, statutes, legal articles, codes, and other pertinent material, reviewing and monitoring new and updated regulations.
- Organizing and analyzing information; cross-checking and validating information.
- Assisting the General Counsel in preparing written reports and drafting legal documents including briefs, contracts, and legal agreements and correspondence.
- Checking legal forms and documents for accuracy.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- A strong aptitude for administrative excellence in a process-driven practice.
- Excellent organizational skills, including planning, prioritization, and time management.
- Ability to follow specific, detailed instructions and standardized practices and procedure.
- Strong Microsoft Word skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
- Take ownership of issues and see matters through to their successful conclusion.
- Work effectively both independently and as part of the law department and a CPG company and for constructively interfacing with a range of stakeholders.
- Receive frequent direction and supervision from
- Be intellectually curious and eager to grow and develop. Be humble; continue to “learn on the job” and be receptive to constructive feedback; and elevate issues that are beyond experience or comfort zone.
- Maintain a professional demeanor, in writing and in person, with clients, support staff, management, outside counsel, and business partners. A sense of humor is a plus.
- Ability to work and maintain patience with diversified individuals of various ethnic backgrounds and professional competencies.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in a professional manner.
- Ability to work across multiple time-zones and global teams.
- Must be motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Pro-active approach to problem solving and accountable.
- 2+ years relevant experience in law firm, in-house law department, or regulatory body.
- Associates Degree or Paralegal Certificate preferred, Bachelor’s Degree also a significant plus.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and managing risk.
- Thorough knowledge of legal principles, legal research techniques, legal terminology, and government regulations
- 12 Weeks Parental Leave
- 401(k) up to 5% match
- Group Life Insurance/STD/LTD
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Commuter Reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement/Assistance
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenges, please send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, including day-time telephone contact and names and email contacts of three references. We will only respond to electronic applications and to shortlisted applicants.
LifeStraw believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer whose team works hard to build respect, dignity, and equity into everything we do. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented, driven, and entrepreneurial minded people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Through our Give Back program, we’ve given safe water to over 4 million children worldwide.