Account Strategy Director
thinkPARALLAX is a leading full-service ESG strategy and communications agency. Partnering with influential companies across industries, we drive meaningful sustainability progress, action, and conversation. Our team of expert strategists and creatives guide every stage of our clients’ sustainability journey from ESG strategy to reporting, communications, and engagement, delivering compelling solutions that maximize business and stakeholder value.
In addition to being a certified B-Corp, thinkPARALLAX celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. It's even one of our values — check it out on our website.
As an Account Strategy Director, you will partner with clients to guide them in defining and achieving their goals through a combination of strategic recommendations and creative execution. Your days will consist of providing strategic counsel to clients and tactical guidance to thinkPARALLAX project managers and strategists. You will also coach and mentor junior team members, including taking on a people manager role in time. This position is a member of our Accounts Team and reports to our Head of Accounts.
Your responsibilities will include:
Client relationship development
- Develop strong and authentic relationships with clients, as well as a deep understanding of their business and industry.
- Become a thought partner to clients, providing strategic counsel and supporting them to continually advance their sustainability/ESG strategy and communications.
- Foster client satisfaction by soliciting and applying feedback, seeking out new opportunities for collaboration (organic growth), and ensuring project deliverables contribute to our clients' long-term goals.
- Uncover and develop opportunities for organic growth with existing clients.
- Contribute to proposals and pitches for new clients, in collaboration with the Client Engagement Team.
- Represent thinkPARALLAX at conferences and industry events.
- Ensure deliverables and client experience meet our high standards for quality.
- Work with designers, strategists, and project managers to guide the overall objectives, strategies, and outcomes of each project.
- Lead project management and day-to-day client interactions for complex projects and initiatives.
- Teaming up with tPX strategists and subject matter experts, review and present work products, including ESG health checks, materiality assessments, ESG strategies, stakeholder engagement initiatives, and communications plans.
- Contribute to development of project deliverables, as well as materials for client meetings (e.g., kick-off presentations).
- Identify and act on opportunities for internal process and practice improvement.
- A background in corporate sustainability, ESG, philanthropy, or other relevant field, preferably in an agency, consulting, or corporate environment.
- Solid knowledge of project management and experience with project management software (Familiarity with Asana is a plus!)
- Collaborative and team-oriented, though able to draft work products independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills - you instinctively know how to work with people and across teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinker with a proactive approach.
- Ability to thrive in a remote-first, fast-paced environment.
- BONUS: Subject matter expertise in sustainability/ESG, such as ESG disclosure and ratings, DEI, corporate footprinting, etc.
This is a full-time, remote position. Team members who live in southern California also have the option of working occasionally from the thinkPARALLAX office in Encinitas, CA. All team members are invited to company-wide retreats several times each year to work on salient business topics and to get to know each other in-person. These events are typically in the southern California region.
Since thinkPARALLAX is California-based, the ideal candidate will be working within three hours of Pacific Standard Time.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, three weeks paid vacation, two one-week paid office closures (summer break, winter break), a monthly wellness reimbursement, and an optional 3-day travel program to expand our employees’ perspectives and creativity. We also offer 401(K) matching and profit-sharing plans for those who qualify.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you think you would be a great addition to the team, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Email subject line: “Account Strategy Director application”.
- Your resumé.
- Responses to the following questions in whatever format you think best shows off who you are (right in the body of an email, in a cover letter, video, or whatever format)!
1. Why would you like to work at thinkPARALLAX - what would it mean to you?
2. What part of our work excites you the most?
3. What's one strength or specialty people are surprised to learn about you?
4. What about your creativity, skill sets, and/or experience might be exciting or inspiring for the team to know?
We’re excited to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.