Manager, Global Communications
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Global Communications
The global communication team's mission is to drive business performance and a world-class culture through communication that inspires, engages, educates, and connects Mastercard employees, customers, partners and shareholders. We are customer-centric, data-driven and creative-minded.
We are looking for a talented manager of global communications to support our dynamic, global Data & Services business unit, with an emphasis on consumer engagement services. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in working across communications disciplines to drive initiatives that advance business priorities—this includes influencing the influencers internally and externally through strategic media relations and employee engagement as well as industry analyst relations. In addition, this role will manage employee communications supporting the planned integration of Dynamic Yield, a leading end-to-end personalization technology company (pending close).
The role will work closely with partners in Marketing, Product, and other functional areas and report into Julia Monti, VP of Global Communications.
Specifically, the role will focus on building our B2B brand in the consumer engagement space:
- Storytelling: Bringing compelling stories to life with internal and external audiences (media, analysts, customers)
- Employee Engagement: Supporting people & culture priorities, with a particular focus on the successful integration of newly acquired companies
- Influencer Management: Driving engagement with top-tier media and industry analysts, proactively building, managing and strengthening trusted relationships
- Collaboration: Partnering closely with business and product leaders, as well as with regional communications and marketing teams, to drive locally relevant global initiatives
- Cross-Channel Campaigns: Leveraging social and traditional media, among other channels, to reach consumer and business audiences around loyalty, personalization, innovation and other capabilities
The successful candidate must:
- Be a strategic thinker as well as a practical doer, comfortable with rolling up your sleeves to get things done while focusing on bringing new ideas to the table
- Be able to make strategic, prudent decisions (at times without full information), without leaning on agency support
- Be able to navigate and influence stakeholders in a fast-paced environment against fast-breaking developments and timelines
- Have excellent written and oral communications skills; flawless editing to support clear ideas
- Have strong relationship management skills and ability to work collaboratively and deliver results with global, multi-cultural and remote project teams
- Be able to multitask multiple priorities and take end-to-end ownership of programs
- Experience working with leading technology and M&A is a plus
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities