Executive Director, International Education
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Miami Dade College is now accepting applications for the Executive Director, International Education. This role is responsible for coordinating Study Abroad Programs and activities for Miami Dade College, and for developing relevant international academic partnerships. The position is responsible for international marketing/recruiting, for Study Abroad programs, and for hosting and educating international visitors and facilitating international educational exchanges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with internal key stakeholders at the College in the planning, development, and administration of MDC international initiatives
- Actively develops and oversees external funding, including grants, for study abroad and other international initiatives
- Fosters international affiliations through contact/negotiations with foreign consulates, trade and cultural centers and develops/maintains contacts with key consulates and trade centers in Miami, as well as embassies in Washington DC
- Monitors/implements new international travel guidelines or restrictions for all study abroad programs
- Establishes/updates the plan for international initiatives and advises the College leadership on study abroad and international academic partnership matters
- Develops/coordinates MOUs, international exchange agreements, and collaborative proposals between MDC and international entities
- Hosts international visitors in cooperation with District and Campus personnel
- Works with state and national international education organizations to expand opportunities for Miami Dade College faculty and students
- Supervises the Director of Global Student Programs and the Coordinator of Study Abroad and oversees related planning efforts to develop/manage Study Abroad programs
- Develops and monitors the overall budget for international education initiatives assigned to the Office of International
- Master’s degree and six (6) years successful experience in international programming, service, teaching, or related area.
To learn more about this and other positions at Miami Dade College visit us at www.mdc.edu/jobs.
Your application has been successfully submitted.