Senior Manager, Corporate Engagement
Mission: Boston Cares mobilizes and trains individual and corporate volunteers who strengthen communities and improve the lives of people in need. We are the largest volunteer agency in New England, a member of the Points of Light affiliate network and a leader in the volunteer engagement sector. We build relationships with schools and nonprofits with needs that can be filled by teams of volunteers; and then we recruit, train, and lead reliable and enthusiastic groups of volunteers who get the job done. Our year-round volunteer programs and seasonal signature service events engage adults of all ages, children & teens, and corporate partners. Since our founding in 1991, Boston Cares volunteers have contributed over 1.3 million hours of service to Greater Boston.
Our corporate engagement program works with over 60 companies and over 5,000 volunteers annually to produce customized hands-on service projects designed to meet community needs and corporate engagement goals. Projects include both hands-on and virtual service, including revitalizing learning environments, providing STEM education activities to students, painting, landscaping, and carpentry projects to enhance the sites of agency partners, constructing beds for children in need, and more.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Director of Corporate & Community Engagement and working closely in collaboration with the entire Corporate Engagement Team, the Senior Manager, Corporate Engagement will serve as a primary relationship manager for corporate partners, ensuring high quality service delivery that exceeds goals and expectations.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Manager, Corporate Engagement will include:
- Manage relationships with a portfolio of corporate clients, providing exceptional customer service throughout the process
- Work closely with lead contacts at corporations to assess specific needs and goals around volunteer engagement; match partners with service project options identified by Boston Cares team, including Impact Consulting
- Communicate regularly with clients to ensure projects are on track, meeting their needs, and to address any questions; offer support and guidance to clients around best practices for internal planning
- Meet with corporate partners and their employees, as requested, to promote service days
- Support additional partner needs as they arise, including sourcing recommendations for transportation or food, using Boston Cares online system for volunteer registration, or providing training to employee project leaders
- Manage Project Manager(s) responsible for sourcing and implementing all aspects of service projects.
- Managers will work proactively to develop a catalog of available projects based on community needs, and reactively to find additional needs that fit specific requests from corporate partners
- Work closely with Managers to ensure project options meet community need and align with corporate goals
- Review project plans, instructions, supplies and logistics for accuracy to ensure a smooth project for partners
- Attend site visits with Managers and corporate partners in advance of projects
- Ensure Managers are recruiting and training a sufficient corps of Corporate Project Leaders
- Manage project budgets to ensure supply and staffing costs are cost-effective
- Support Director of Corporate & Community Engagement in management of largest partnerships
- Monitor invoicing and contracting with partners as needed
- Ensure collection of and recording of project data, including use of the HandsOn Connect Salesforce system, and tracking project outputs
- Create and distribute post-project reports to corporate partners highlighting their impact; distribute and manage post-project surveys and debrief communications to assess for areas of improvement
- With Director of Corporate & Community Engagement, renew corporate partnerships on an annual basis
- Manage social media communications relating to corporate engagement, including day of service posts, blog posts and newsletters
- Serve as an on-site project leader for service projects
- Support Managers in supply packing and distribution as needed.
Additionally, the Senior Manager, Corporate Engagement will:
- Be an active member of the Boston Cares staff team
- Engage with Board and Staff to further Boston Cares’ equity and inclusion goals
- Establish and meet yearly goals and objectives
- Represent Boston Cares externally at service projects, with agency and corporate partners, and at other events
- Serve as staff liaison to support working Board committees.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience and 3-5 years of experience in the nonprofit or CSR field
- Familiarity with tasks such as painting, landscaping and carpentry preferred
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage many moving projects at once
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service
- Interest and ability to work as part of small team in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage a project from start to finish
- Ability to lift and move project supplies (up to 50 lbs.) and be standing throughout the day leading projects
- Valid driver’s license; comfortable driving cargo vans and 10-14’ trucks
- Occasional evening and weekend availability
- Sense of humor
- Passion for volunteering and community engagement
- Fully vaccinated per CDC definition
Compensation & benefits: $50,000 annual salary, generous & flexible PTO policy, employer supported health & dental insurance, basic life insurance, optional additional coverage offerings, and more. Boston Cares currently offers an office-occasional hybrid work policy.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Laura Keith at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis to fill an immediate opening. No phone calls please.
Boston Cares offers Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation, or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.