Global Head of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging (Remote based in US)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
At Carbon Health, we believe in the power of health, of medicine, and of technology. We’ve built a diverse and passionate team of employees who are all driven to learn from one another and reach Carbon Health’s mission of bringing high-quality healthcare to everyone.
- Ranked on Inc. 5000's list as the 2nd-fastest-growing private company in the U.S. in 2021
- Recognized as a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup in 2020
- More than 90 clinics in 14 states and growing with a goal to reach 1,500 clinics nationwide by 2025
COVID Vaccination Requirement for Candidates Seeking Employment: Carbon Health, as both a healthcare provider and a federal contractor, is subject to certain laws, regulations and orders requiring its workforce to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants. Carbon Health has therefore implemented a requirement that all employees be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment with Carbon Health will be required to: (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants by their start date unless a medical or religious exemption has been approved and a reasonable accommodation has been granted; and (2) submit proof of vaccination prior to their start date. The preceding is a condition of employment with Carbon Health.
THE JOB AT A GLANCE
As the Global Head of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging (Director/Senior Director level), you will lead, develop and implement the organization’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging (DEIB) initiatives and strategy to attract, hire, and maintain a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Global Head of DEIB will be responsible for partnering with executive leadership to develop and maintain an enterprise-wide vision, manage all programs and initiatives, and monitor / measure impact of all DEIB efforts (e.g., human capital analysis, diverse supplier spend, and philanthropic impact on underserved communities). You will work with the executive leadership to develop and communicate the overall strategy and framework across the enterprise, including consulting and facilitating group learning and dialogue, and ensuring DEIB are embedded and maintained as an integral element of our culture and environment. This leader will serve as a subject matter expert, advocating and embedding concepts into learning, talent management, human resource and other enterprise practices, processes, and work environments.
This role is based remotely (anywhere in the US) and travel is required, as needed.
What You'll Do
- Develop strategies and initiatives for diversity, inclusion, and engagement that align with the strategic goals and objectives of the business
- Coach leaders and people managers to create an inclusive environment and work with HR teams to build DEIB talent and development programs
- Build strong internal relationships that allow for a deeper understanding of our DEIB needs and the ability to influence the outcome of our DEIB programs
- Shape Carbon Health’s DEIB efforts by bringing intellectual rigor, data and insights, best practices, and effective communications to conversations - having a strong point of view and influence on executive mindsets and actions
- Build enterprise DEIB capabilities, drive program innovation, and inspire and empower leadership and HR partners to deliver on Carbon’s commitments
- Establish DEIB program goals and Equity metrics (recruiting, retention, promotions, salary equity, leadership retention, etc.) and establish efforts to deliver against these goal and metrics
- Oversee development of an employee engagement strategy as it relates to Carbon Health’s DEIB goals and partner with HR Business Partners to deliver on commitments
- Establish external relationships that create opportunities for Carbon Health to learn and potentially contribute to community partnerships/initiatives along with any current or future externally focused DEIB efforts e.g., IR, governmental affairs, etc.
- Partner with our Communications team to create a strategy to keep Carbon Health’s employees informed of internal and external DEIB initiatives, events and progress
- 10+ years of experience in human resources or related field of expertise
- 5+ years of experience leading and developing broad scale organizational DEIB workforce strategies
- 5+ years of experience regularly interfacing, communicating, and influencing with senior leaders up to the C-suite
- Ability to engage and inspire all levels of an organization including Executive Team members and front-line colleagues
- Proven track record of building DEIB from scratch and utilizing a data-driven approach
- Experienced in Business, Culture, and HR transformation efforts
- Up to 20% travel required, based on business needs
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off and paid holidays
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision Insurance with 100% of monthly premium covered for employees & 80% for dependents
- 401k with employer match, FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
- Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development through Udemy Business
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we provide patients with omnichannel care, designed to meet them where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics, virtual care and remote patient monitoring (RPM). Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Carbon Health is a human-centered, tech-enabled healthcare company on a mission to make great care accessible to all.