Front End Developer
B3 Group, Inc. is a fast-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) certified health IT firm providing end-to-end technology support services to the federal government and enterprise customers. Our values-driven team of business, IT and management professionals blend innovation and client-first thinking to deliver sustainable solutions for better healthcare outcomes. Established in 2008 and located in Herndon, Virginia, B3 Group is founded on the principles of servant leadership. Those principles are reflected in every aspect of our operations.
B3 Group Inc. is looking for an experienced Sr. Software Engineer with Back End focus to support the Department of Veterans Affairs. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience programming in the following languages: Ruby and Java. They will also have a thorough understanding and working knowledge of multiple development technologies and tools, development methodologies and administration as well as a deep knowledge of system development life cycle management methodologies and administration.
A B3 Technical Sr. Analyst will apply expert systems analysis and design techniques to complex enterprise systems. They will have broad knowledge of data sources/flow, interactions of complex systems, and capabilities/limitations of systems software and computer equipment. The B3 Technical Sr. Analyst will be able to establish frameworks for new computer systems from feasibility studies to post implementation evaluation, recognize probable conflicts and integrate diverse data sources. They will provide innovative solutions for a variety of complex problems, and prepare overall project recommendations.
- Review, modify, develop, and implement software applications, usually very complex in nature.
- Provide support and consultation on development project, especially in the area of user experience design and technical development for web front ends.
- Review existing programs by identifying and analyzing areas for modification including, performance improvement, reviewing and repairing legacy code and providing design solutions to problematic programming.
- Monitor and correct software defects.
- Experience supporting configuration management and release management activities.
- Develop coding language consistent with product needs and quality standards.
- Design, code and debug applications in various software languages.
- Active participant in software release cycle.
- Participate in testing process through test review and analysis.
- Ensure internal documentation is complete, accurate and up-to-date, including documenting code consistently throughout the development process.
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills – willingness and ability to learn new languages in support of the assigned projects/programs.
In order to be successful in this position, we expect you to have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelors degree in a computer science or related field required.
- At least 8 years of experience as a software developer for web development projects.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to participate in and lead demonstrations of developed software functionality for customers and stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills and ability to resolve problems independently
- Ability to work productively in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong overall knowledge of computing and technical environments, such as operating systems, communication protocols, software applications, hardware platforms, etc.
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written) including presentation and technical documentation skills.
- Strong ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable internet service that allows for effective telecommuting.
COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to start date. Fully vaccinated means being 2 weeks post last vaccine shot.
Desired / Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Scrum and Agile methodology and processes.
- Experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs or other federal organizations.
- Experience working on projects for the Federal Government, especially Department of Veterans Affairs.
Successful B3 Group employees will display the following characteristics:
- You strive to be an expert in your field currently and in the future.
- You take care in learning your customer's business and drivers in order to ensure solutions meet not only technical needs, but also support their mission properly in a way that meeting their client's mission.
- You like to make your client look good.
- You find solutions, where others only see problems.
- You are proactive, you make and meet commitments, and you perform your duties exceedingly well.
- You are aware of the client's needs at all times and are well-versed in what both your team and B3 Group can offer them as a whole.
- You have the ability to work with diverse, integrated, deliverable-driven teams to accomplish the larger mission.
Competitive Benefit Package available to all full-time hires.
B3 Group, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices on the basis of race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help people do technology faster.