Girls Who Code is seeking a full-time, experienced Executive Assistant (EA) to play a central role in providing efficient, responsive, confidential and professional support to our Chief Executive Officer (CEO) ensuring that their time is effectively aligned to priorities to advance the organization's strategic agenda.
The EA to the CEO will perform broad, confidential, and time-sensitive work assignments and is responsible for the daily coordination of meetings and the daily operations.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a superior ability to multitask in a calm professional manner with operational flexibility given sudden unpredictable business needs, and a keen ability to proactively anticipate changes and adjust accordingly.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing a broad variety of administrative tasks including:
- Strategically manage an extremely active calendar of appointments
- Completing expense reports
- Composing and sending correspondence
- Arranging travel plans, itineraries, and agendas
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected
- Uses appropriate professional judgment to keep CEO abreast of any changes, issues, or concerns that may impact daily activities and/or schedules.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with board members, donors, partner organizations, and others
- May assist other executive leadership team members with ad hoc projects and reports
- Maintain accurate contacts for the CEO
- Coordinating conference calls and virtual, video meetings with internal and external groups, including organizing the dial-in and logon information
- Supports virtual and off-site board meetings: scheduling, planning, managing travel, etc.
- Organizes the details of various 1-2 day team meetings
- Placing orders, as requested (eg. ordering gifts or flowers)
- Strong self-starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Resourceful team player who enjoys supporting the work of the entire team
- Exceptional organizational skills; attention to detail
- High degree of responsiveness; providing quick replies to email and phone requests
- Able to manage complex projects simultaneously with accurate and timely execution
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Comfort managing multiple, changing priorities and meeting deadlines in an dynamic environment
- Computer skills: comfort and interest in using technology with high proficiency with Google Suite, Zoom, Slack
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills; tact and diplomacy
- Motivated by an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, highly-collaborative team environment, with a desire to contribute to a growing organization
- Commitment to Girls Who Code’s mission and the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. GWC is not able to sponsor employment visas.
Your application has been successfully submitted.