MANAGING DIRECTOR Job Description
Woodie King Jr's NEW FEDERAL THEATRE seeks an experienced MANAGING DIRECTOR to join its leadership team. The Managing Director, part-time salaried, is a leadership position who works closely with the Producing Artistic Director in managing and steering NFT in a time of exciting growth. The Managing Director is responsible for contracts, financials, HR, facilities oversight and oversees many facets of the organization.
The right candidate will have a proven track record and a passion for Black theatre and the arts industry as a whole.
Ideal candidates will have:
· College BA or higher
· Experience as an Assistant GM or Managing Director in a professional theatre
· Experience with contracts and negotiations and payroll, a must.
· Have a passion for Black Theatre and the Arts industry as a whole
The position requires some evening and weekend work in conjunction with New Federal Theatre production calendar.
Woodie King, Jr’s NEW FEDERAL THEATRE is 51 years old whose mission is to integrate artists of color and women into the mainstream of American theater by training artists for the profession, and by presenting plays by writers of color and women to integrated, multicultural audiences – plays which evoke the truth through beautiful and artistic re-creations of ourselves.
This position plays an important role in managing all aspects of operations within the organization.
The Managing Director’s general responsibilities include:
· Financial Management
· Operational & facilities management
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT (All financial functions are pursued in collaboration with the Producing Artistic Director).
· Develop annual operating budget for Board approval as a key planning and management tool. Oversee management of organizational budget to ensure prudent spending and allocation.
· Supervise financial management systems and bookkeeper and audit personnel
· Supervise preparation of accurate and timely financial reports, including monthly statements showing budget-to-actual income and expense and Year to Date balance sheets.
· Provide overall cash flow management, projections and regular monitoring in collaboration with Producing Artistic Director.
· Supervise payment of payroll, accounts payable, taxes and fees on a weekly basis.
· Manage all cash, credit accounts, bank accounts, investments, savings, loans, and insurance for the theatre
· Execute contracts in all areas relating to productions
· Create and oversee all productions budgets in collaboration with Producing Artistic Director
OPERATIONAL & FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
· Supervise management and operations of front of house, box office with Castillo Theatre Staff.
· Act as liaison between the administrative and production staff.
This position performs other support functions and duties as needed. New Federal Theatre is an organization with a small staff. Employees are often called upon to jump in to accomplish goals and meet important deadlines.
Salary: $35,000 - $40,000
Send resume with cover letter and salary requirements, along with three industry references to email@example.com
Woodie King, Jr’s NEW FEDERAL THEATRE is committed to fostering a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion in all areas of its operation. Women, LGBTQ+, Special Abilities, and BIPOC Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Your application has been successfully submitted.