Sr. Business Intelligence Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
Title: Sr. Business Intelligence Officer
Department: Strategic Information & Evaluation, Digital Health & Data Analytics Unit
Reports To: Director, Digital Health & Data Analytics Unit
Location: Location flexible, Washington, DC preferred
Classification: Full-time, exempt
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
Working at the intersection of technology, programs, and data, the mission of the Digital Health & Data Analytics Unit is to enable the Foundation to use data more efficiently and effectively by operationalizing standard and proven approaches to capturing, storing, and learning from data.
The Sr. Business Intelligence Officer will work as a key member of the Foundation’s Strategic Information and Evaluation Unit, under the leadership of the Director of Digital Health & Data Analytics. This role will provide technical and programmatic leadership of health information systems to both HQ and EGPAF country teams primarily in sub-Saharan Africa. This is a great opportunity for anyone who loves working with data and sharing knowledge and building capacity of others.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect as a Sr. Business Intelligence Officer?
· Provide technical advice and support to country teams, geared toward the improvement of health information systems
· Develop mobile health solutions for a diverse range of resource-constrained settings (areas with limited network connectivity and power) and solve challenges such as planning for offline data capture, planning for multiple language capabilities, and developing robust low-cost solutions
· Maintain and improve existing data collection tools and develop new tools as needed
· Develop Power BI data models integrating data from various data sources for visualization and reporting (common sources include Excel, SharePoint, SQL, CSV, and DHIS2)
· Maintain and develop Power BI reports and dashboards, as well as other data visualization solutions, that align with EGPAF’s data visualization guidelines
· Author and maintain DAX formulas for analysis of data and extraction of results to connected Word and Excel documents via cube-formulas
· Craft SQL queries for interaction with EGPAFs data warehouse and other data sources
· Set up robust systems to protect data, including regular downloads, backups, data transfer, and alerts
· Maintain, troubleshoot, and debug live data systems for HQ and country teams
· Develop and document best practices in data collection, management, analysis, reporting, and visualization
· Develop strategies to improve data systems and data use, including data quality, analytics, and visualization
· Work collaboratively with members of the Digital Health & Data Analytics Unit and other EGPAF global teams
· Up to 15% international travel to Africa once travel restrictions are lifted.
To be successful, you will have…
· 1-2 years experience with any part of the Microsoft Power Platform (Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, and/or Power Virtual Agents)
· Experience authoring and maintaining M & DAX formulas
· Experience with T-SQL, writing stored procedures for DDL and CRUD operations
· The ability to understand user requirements and translate them into solutions and the ability to translate ideas into a practical implementation, while managing multiple priorities in a dynamic and agile environment
· Ability to communicate and collaborate with a range of colleagues across diverse countries and cultures
Bonus points if you have…
· Experience in machine learning and predictive analytics
· Involvement in the Power Platform communities
· Experience with any of the following: coding in R or Python, Linux (Intermediate) based systems, Azure Data Factory and Azure data engineering, writing formulas, pivot tables, and Excel VBA
· Understanding/familiarity with any of the following: SQL database design, modeling, and extraction, Dev Ops, SDLC, and principles of user-centered designs, PEPFAR/USG reporting requirements and systems (DATIM, DHIS2, OpenSRP, etc.)
· Knowledge of systems auditing and process improvement
· French proficiency
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re fighting for an AIDS-free generation.