Training Design and Delivery Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Training Design and Delivery Specialist
Remote Work, Full-Time Position
Provide is seeking a candidate with experience designing and delivering dynamic in-person and virtual training that incorporates antiracism and anti-oppression concepts, frameworks, and tools, to a variety of diverse audiences. We are looking for a candidate with the ability to tailor training to meet the needs of diverse audiences, with varying beliefs and attitudes toward abortion. Our ideal candidate has a strong understanding of how the intersections of systemic oppression (white supremacy, racism, sexism, ableism, classism, transphobia, etc.) negatively impact access to abortion and other stigmatized healthcare (drug use treatment, sexual health care, contraceptives, gender-affirming care, etc.).
Founded in 1992, Provide is a national remote-work organization working to make sure that there is access to abortion, especially for those living in rural communities and Southern and Midwestern states. Provide educates and supports health and social service providers to be able to give the care and support those facing an unintended pregnancy need. Our work is rooted in the on-the-ground realities of people’s lives and of the systems and resources that are available to them. We believe that everyone has a role in supporting access to abortion care and that by giving people the tools and resources to play their role we can transform the way abortion is experienced where improved access is needed most.
Provide is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, LGBQIA+, Trans and Nonbinary people, and those with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Training Design and Delivery Specialist is a full-time, exempt, remote position based anywhere in the United States. In the future, some travel may be required (25%) but any travel for the position will take into consideration appropriate COVID-19 safety precautions. Reporting to the Director of Program Development, the Training Design and Delivery Specialist leads the creation and implementation of training that grows the capacity of frontline providers to actively remove barriers to abortion and other stigmatized healthcare. As a member of the Program Development Department, this position also supports and advises the Director of Program Development in matters of program direction and strategic planning, as needed, and works in collaboration with staff in other Provide departments to achieve the objectives of the position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Develop Innovative Content and Tools - 45%
Lead the design of high quality and innovative training curricula, tools, and other materials, including, but not limited to the following activities:
· TRAINING AND CURRICULUM DESIGN: Develop and revise curricula, trainings, tools, webinars, and other materials that address barriers to care, incorporate a variety of teaching and learning techniques, and address the intersections of systemic oppression and access to abortion and other stigmatized healthcare.
· TRACKING TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICES: Monitor trends in digital training tools and platforms and make technology recommendations that are best suited to help Provide meet its organizational goals and objectives. Lead research to identify subject matter experts and stay current with best practices for instructional design and delivery systems.
Implement Programming - 45%
Lead the delivery of high-quality virtual and in-person trainings, and support the collection and interpretation of evaluation data including, but not limited to the following activities:
· TRAINING DELIVERY: Facilitate interactive and compelling trainings that clarify participants’ values around abortion and other stigmatized healthcare to grow their skills to remove barriers while cultivating a client-centered environment that is informed by dignity, autonomy, and respect.
· IMPACT MEASUREMENT: Work with Provide’s evaluation department to create methods and tools to ensure that trainings meet the needs of Provide’s audiences and are aligned with our intended impact.
· SUPPORTING TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM: Support the Technical Assistance Manager with the development and implementation of capacity-building interventions designed to change the culture within healthcare and social services settings to one that is affirming and supportive to people seeking stigmatized healthcare.
Perform additional team responsibilities – 10%
· Manage consultant contracts associated with content development.
· Attend team meetings (e.g. division, all staff, programs leadership, department leadership) via video conference regularly and in a positive manner.
· Support and onboard new staff in best practices around content development and training delivery.
· Represent Provide at conferences and coalition meetings as requested.
· Serve as a public representative of Provide as requested.
- Directly related work experience in the non-profit, healthcare or social service delivery industries, preferably with substantial experience in the area of reproductive health or related field.
- Demonstrated experience designing (preferably 5+) lesson plans and/or curricula and delivering training.
- Experience integrating antiracism and anti-oppression concepts, frameworks, and tools into workshops and training.
- Familiarity with best practices in adult education, incorporating diverse learning styles into training, and facilitation.
- Comfortable using virtual tools in training or teaching (examples: Zoom, Jam board, Poll Everywhere, e-learning management systems, Google suite, Kahoot!, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex, multifaceted projects, develop clear objectives and goals, and forecast potential opportunities.
- Persistence, resourcefulness and the ability to identify opportunities and needs as well as respond to these creatively and flexibly.
- Ability to work within a remote, team-oriented environment.
- Commitment to and excitement about Provide’s core mission, values and programs.
Salary Range and Benefits
The Technical Assistance Manager is a full-time position, with the starting annual salary in the range of $62,000 to $65,000.
Provide offers a generous benefits package, which currently includes: Group health and dental coverage, 403b plan with company match, stipend for productive workspace and internet and cell phone allowance, long and short-term disability insurance, group life insurance, and paid time off. Paid time off includes: 12 paid holidays per year (with flexibility/floating holidays) PLUS paid Winter Holiday from Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day, 15 vacation days per year, 10 sick days per year, monthly paid Wellness Days, paid parental leave, jury duty and bereavement leave, and paid emergency leave.
Provide staff are remote workers and we do not have a physical location. This is a remote position for an applicant based in the United States and who can work with others on a remote team. Up to 25% travel may be required.
To apply, please send along your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please address the following questions in your cover letter (as well as anything else related to your interest or qualifications that you would like us to know):
- Describe your experience developing training programs and/or curricula.
- Describe the qualities of an expert trainer and facilitator.
- Describe your experience integrating anti-racism and anti-oppression concepts, frameworks, and tools into workshops and training.
No phone calls, please. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the Hiring Process
Final candidates will be provided a written technical assistance scenario and asked to submit a brief written proposal in response. Specific instructions will be provided to finalist candidates.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Provide is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Provide believes that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Together, We Are Transforming Healthcare