Technical Assistance Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Technical Assistance Manager
Remote Work, Full-Time Position
Provide is currently seeking a Technical Assistance Manager to lead the development and implementation of a strategy that builds the capacity of frontline healthcare and social service providers and sites to compassionately and proactively respond to their clients/patients’ needs around abortion and other stigmatized services. Our ideal candidate is adept at building and sustaining collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders and has demonstrated experience helping organizations build their capacity to navigate the critical culture shifts and transformations that position them to sustain high-quality services and programming for their clients. We are seeking a skilled problem solver who can identify organizational needs and opportunities around improving internal processes and systems and who is committed to improving access to abortion and other stigmatized services.
Founded in 1992, Provide is a national remote-work organization working to make sure that there is access to abortion, especially for those living in rural communities and Southern and Midwestern states. Provide educates and supports health and social service providers to be able to give the care and support those facing an unintended pregnancy need. Our work is rooted in the on-the-ground realities of people’s lives and of the systems and resources that are available to them. We believe that everyone has a role in supporting access to abortion care and that by giving people the tools and resources to play their role we can transform the way abortion is experienced where improved access is needed most.
Provide is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, LGBQIA+, Trans and Nonbinary people, and those with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Director of Program Development, the Technical Assistant Manager is a full-time, 40 hours per week, remote position based anywhere in the United States. In the future, some travel may be required (20%) but any travel for the position will take into consideration appropriate COVID-19 safety precautions. As a member of the Program Development Department, the Technical Assistant Manager also supports and advises the Director of Program Development in matters of department direction and strategic planning, as needed, and works in collaboration with staff in other Provide departments to achieve the objectives of the position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Implement Provide’s Technical Assistance Strategy – 65%
Build the capacity of new and existing Provide program audiences to sustainably serve diverse communities and their sexual and reproductive health needs by leading the identification and implementation of technical assistance opportunities, including but not limited to the following activities:
· TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE DELIVERY: Serve as a technical lead for the provision of high-quality in-person and remote technical assistance to healthcare and social service organizations. This includes the following activities:
o Develop meaningful partnerships with external organizations to develop and implement strategy, create and test interventions and tools, and initiate technical assistance plans.
o Create standardized protocols and processes for technical assistance provision to recipient organizations. This includes needs assessments, development of measurable objectives and goals, and processes for collaborating with internal Provide departments/staff on the implementation of technical assistance.
· IMPACT MEASUREMENT: Identify key benchmarks for defining and measuring the success of Provide’s technical assistance program. This includes the following activities:
o Evaluate short- and long-term impacts and outcomes from our technical assistance efforts and make recommendations for refining strategy.
o Employ strategies to ensure technical assistance approaches reflect the input and perspectives of those most impacted (frontline providers and their clients/patients) by the change.
· TOOL DEVELOPMENT AND MAINTENANCE: Lead the strategic development of high-quality technical assistance tools and processes that support access to abortion and other stigmatized healthcare. This includes the following activities:
o Develop, maintain, refine, and measure the impact of Provide’s technical assistance training and tools.
Support Content Development and Delivery– 20%
· Provide thought-partnership and support in executing content design and delivery for Provide’s core and pilot programming.
Perform Additional Responsibilities – 15%
· Manage external consultants hired to support the development and/or implementation of technical assistance content and tools.
· Attend team meetings (e.g. division, all staff, programs leadership, department leadership) via video conference regularly and in a positive manner.
· Support the onboarding of new Programs Division staff in best practices around technical service delivery.
· Represent Provide at conferences and coalition meetings as requested.
· This position may include the supervision of other Program Development staff as required for the growth and expansion of the program.
· Directly related work experience in the non-profit, healthcare or social service delivery industries, preferably with substantial experience in the area of reproductive health or related field. Consulting experience, a plus, but not required.
· Demonstrated experience developing and implementing at least 2-4 capacity-building plans with organizations.
· Adept at building and sustaining collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Understanding of how racism, white supremacy, and structural oppression negatively impact service and/or program delivery.
· Familiarity with theories of change, change management, process design and other tools and conceptual frameworks for growing organizational capacity.
· Able to manage multifaceted complex projects that involve the development of clear objectives and goals, measurement metrics, and forecasting of opportunities and challenges.
· Strong written and oral communication and the ability to adapt communication to diverse audiences.
· Ability to work within a remote, team-oriented environment which includes proficiency in using technology to communicate internally and externally, and to report on and manage projects.
· Commitment to Provide’s mission and values.
Salary Range and Benefits
The Technical Assistance Manager is a full-time position, with the starting annual salary in the range of $65,000 to $70,000. Provide offers a generous benefits package, which currently includes: Group health and dental coverage, 403b plan with company match, stipend for productive workspace and internet and cell phone allowance, long and short-term disability insurance, group life insurance, and paid time off. Paid time off includes: 12 paid holidays per year (with flexibility/floating holidays) PLUS paid Winter Holiday from Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day, 15 vacation days per year, 10 sick days per year, monthly paid Wellness Days, paid parental leave, jury duty and bereavement leave, and paid emergency leave.
Provide staff are remote workers and we do not have a physical location. This is a remote position for an applicant based in the United States and who can work with others on a remote team. Up to 20% travel may be required.
To apply, please send along your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please address the following questions in your cover letter (as well as anything else related to your interest or qualifications that you would like us to know):
- Describe your understanding of the purpose and goals of technical assistance.
- Describe your experience developing and implementing technical assistance strategies.
- Describe your approach to professional collaborations (both within an organization across departments, and externally with partners).
No phone calls, please. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the Hiring Process
Final candidates will be provided a written technical assistance scenario and asked to submit a brief written proposal in response. Specific instructions will be provided to finalist candidates.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Provide is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Provide believes that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Together, We Are Transforming Healthcare