Communications and Marketing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Communications and Marketing Manager
The communications and marketing manager is responsible for development, integration and implementation of Children’s HeartLink’s communications and marketing strategy and plan (locally, regionally, nationally, and globally). The position also directs and manages the promotion, enhancement and protection of the brand reputation of the organization with the goal to raise awareness and support for Children’s HeartLink and its efforts to promote sustainable cardiac care for children with heart disease in underserved regions of the world. The communications & marketing manager will provide service to all Children’s HeartLink teams.
The communications and marketing manager reports to the VP of development. The marketing and communications specialist reports to this position. The position is responsible for hiring and managing student interns.
A. Communications Strategy and Vision
- In collaboration with the President and VP of development, lead the development, integration and implementation of an integrated strategic marketing and communications plan to advance Children’s HeartLink’s brand identity, broaden awareness of its programs and priorities across key stakeholder audiences and attract support for its work.
- Direct market research activities.
- Provide ongoing training around media, key messages on identified campaign, trends, best practices and Children’s HeartLink elevator pitch to staff, board members and volunteers.
- Work with VP of development to create annual communications budget.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop public and media relations plan to support strategic plan.
B. Communications and Marketing Operations
- Write, edit and manage production and development of all print and electronic communications including the annual report, marketing collateral, website, social media, fact sheets and news releases.
- Oversee public and media relations activities that help promote and/or impact the organization with local, national and international audiences.
- Prioritize media opportunities and ensure talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material are provided as needed.
- Manage and execute marketing communications strategy across all channels, which include email marketing, online advertising, social media and website to ensure key performance indicators are met.
- Stay up to date on latest trends and practices for all marketing and communication channels utilized by the organization.
- Support the development of goals and measures for growing reach, engagement, and conversions across all channels.
- Apply search engine optimization (SEO), content development, distribution and measurement to effectively tailor content to reach various audiences. Establish and monitor key success measures.
- Manage digital assets (e.g., importing, editing, and catalogue photos and video).
- Support VP of development with executing communications plan to engage International Advisory Board members, Board of Directors, donors, and medical volunteer institutions.
- Help protect and maintain Children’s HeartLink brand and message in all aspects of communication, special events and related activities.
- Lead, support and deploy Children’s HeartLink annual marketing communications calendar.
C. Fundraising/Development Support
- Work with the VP of development to support the fundraising strategy with donor-centered communications.
- Manage the creation of event collateral and print materials for special events and fundraising activities.
- Secure donated advertising and earned media for special events.
- Co-manage Children’s HeartLink’s various events and their associated program and production.
D. Additional Department Support
- Manage vendor relationships that pertain to communications department, such as photographers, printers, production companies, public relations firms and advertising/design companies.
- Manage student interns’ schedules and projects.
- Assist with involving and leveraging the Development and Marketing Board committee.
- Participate in producing presentations to internal and external audiences.
IV. General Office Responsibilities
A. Attend Children’s HeartLink events (including, but not limited to, HeartLink Gala, Valentine’s Day Heart to Heart event, annual Board holiday party)
B. Participate in annual performance review process.
C. Be familiar with Children’s HeartLink partners, programs, methodologies and strategies.
D. Over time, be familiar at a high-level with the topic of children’s heart disease—incidence of CHD, types of defects, need for international development, other organizations fighting cardiovascular disease, etc.
E. Read articles, newsletters, and e-newsletters to remain up-to-date.
V. Required Experience and Skills
A. Bachelor's degree required, plus a minimum of five years of communications, public relations, journalism and/or marketing experience.
B. Ability to independently contribute to strategic marketing plans and drive execution.
C. Superior writing, editing and presentation skills.
D. Strong interpersonal skills; together with proven planning and organizational skills.
E. Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign and Photoshop, Apple iMovie; familiarity with the macOS operating system
F. Expertise in social media, online analytical tools and desktop publishing software such as:
- Google Analytics, AdWords, and other Google apps
- Social media applications and administration, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and related reporting applications
- Knowledge and experience with e-newsletter platforms (Constant Contac, Mailchimp, etc.)
G. International exchange, employment, and/or cross-cultural communications experience a plus.
VI. Applications Process
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter indicating salary requirement, resume, contact information for three references and three writing samples to: email@example.com.
Applications accepted through June 20, 2021
Your application has been successfully submitted.