Head of Growth Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
HEAD OF GROWTH MARKETING | BOSTON, NYC OR LONDON
We’re Sofar Sounds, your global music community. We bring people together in unexpected spaces in over 400 cities around the world. We’re artists, music lovers and organisers. We’re a company of musicians for musicians. We create, perform, listen and work to make intimate live music experiences that connect us all. Every show is focused on the artist.
We create space where music matters.There is no other feeling in the world like discovering and experiencing new music and artists. In any Sofar room, when the audience has hushed and that first note is played - it’s magical.
As Head of Growth Marketing, you will lead audience growth for the world’s largest global concert community. You’ll engage and grow a large, diverse and progressive audience across all channels (email, social, paid media) and connect artists with audiences through intimate performances.
Sofar has worked with over 30,000 artists, hosted over 1,000,000 fans at shows around the world and engages with millions more online each month. You will be a leader of a music-adoring growth team who are passionate about creating an industry-leading culture that supports artists and introduces their music to new fans.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- You will be responsible for both the new user growth and customer relationship management that underpins the sustainability and longevity of the business
- Oversee the full lifecycle of Sofar’s audience acquisition and engagement, from acquisition, activation and retention, developing strategies and tactics to grow all stages
- Manage a multi-channel approach to new user acquisition, identifying the best performing channels to deliver growth at a profitable ROI, with a focus on engaging and supporting local creative communities
- Oversee our email and CRM, ensuring we have the best-in-class systems and approaches to foster lasting relationships with all audience segments
- Support the product development of concert experiences by identifying and validating target audiences for new products, and establish effective go-to-market strategies to support testing and eventual scaling
- Partner with our head of DEI and business operations teams to ensure Sofar’s growth and audience engagement meets our goals for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Maintain an in-depth, analytical understanding of all aspects of our customers, instilling a culture of analytical insights to our growth strategies and tactics
- Establish a culture of learning and testing, bringing together analytical best practices with creativity and experimentation
- Drive continual improvement of our customer experience
- Partner with brand and creative leaders to engage existing and prospective customers with creativity, sincerity and always with an artist-centric approach
- You’ll also discover a lot of great new music, from all around the world
WHO YOU ARE:
- Proven Growth marketing leader with a background in consumer product marketing, ideally in music, another creative field or events/ experiences
- Expert in email marketing and CRM (ideally you’ve worked with Ometria or similar platforms)
- Experience in successfully scaling digital acquisition channels, including: email, PPC, social (organic & paid), partnerships & affiliates, SEO, content and more
- Demonstrable experience in implementing data-led marketing strategies & using web analytics tools e.g. Tableau, MySQL
- Track record of increasing user acquisition, engagement and retention and meeting/exceeding revenue and profitability goals
- Experience in a scrappy startup culture, with ability to execute under deadlines
- Experience in managing growth teams & executing an agile marketing strategy
- Genuine, demonstrated commitment to supporting artists and local music
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
We are proud to have a global workforce and strive towards having a diverse workplace. We have an Equity Council, Employee Resource Groups and ongoing learning and development in this area - DEI is important to us and our culture.
COMPENSATION, PAY EQUITY & BENEFITS
Our people and global communities are precious - we aim to treat them as such. At Sofar we feel strongly about the compensation and benefits that we provide across the board so that no matter your skill set or experience you’re paid fairly according to market rate, plus your health and wellbeing is supported through our local benefits packages.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
We invest in your learning and development and strive to create a learning culture through formal and informal workshops, training, and a personal L&D budget and learning path.
We’ll work with you closely to support you throughout the hiring process. If your CV/ resume shows that your skills and experience have synergy with the job description, then we’ll hop on a call to say “Hello” and to start getting to know one another. If it’s not the right opportunity this time, we’ll always let you know.
Typically our hiring process takes a maximum of 4 weeks end to end. You’ll be guided through the process by our Talent team and an interview panel of lovely humans who will give you support and feedback throughout - we’ll do our very best to create an interview environment that brings out the best in you and sets you up for success.
If this sounds like you, we can’t wait to meet you - come on in.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re Sofar Sounds, your global music community, bringing people together in unexpected spaces in over 400 cities around the world. We’re artists, mus...