This job is no longer accepting applications.
Founded in 1981 in partnership with whistleblowers, the Project On Government Oversight (POGO) is a nonpartisan independent watchdog that works to expose waste, corruption, abuse of power, and when the government fails to serve the public or silences those who report wrongdoing. We champion reforms to achieve a more effective, ethical, and accountable federal government that safeguards constitutional principles. POGO has an annual budget of more than $6 million, which supports a staff of over 45 employees.
POGO’s operations team is looking for a talented Operations Manager to oversee and improve our office operations. This position offers the opportunity to participate in a broad range of operations as part of a professional, team-oriented small office. The Operations Manager reports to the Director of Operations.
We encourage potential applicants to apply even if they only have experience or familiarity in some of the areas described below. We fully recognize that many great candidates will not have experience in all of the areas we list, or may have relevant experiences and skills that we have not listed or considered.
- Work with the Director of Operations to ensure all operations are carried out in an appropriate, cost-effective way—taking the lead in overseeing and procuring office equipment, information technology support, and supplies vendors.
- Assist with organizational financial management, including managing and processing incoming direct mail contributions.
- Manage relationships with landlords and other external groups related to organizational operations, ensuring prompt communication and resolution of any issues.
- Provide administrative support for HR operations.
- Coordinate and arrange all POGO staff travel.
- Manage all details related to the recruitment and engagement of interns.
- Help develop and maintain internal procedures, policies, and structures required to create an efficient and effective working environment.
- Work with the rest of the organization to ensure that the organization is applying DE&I principles into every area of its culture, policies, and practices.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in general office administration, including the managing of budgets, facilities, and equipment leases—or demonstrated equivalent experience. Experience in travel arrangements and scheduling is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work on internal teams, across external organizations, and independently when necessary.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneous and effectively set priorities.
- Highest ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and private information.
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative to solve problems and adapt to changing circumstances.
- A team player, flexible, and ready to pitch in on a variety of projects.
- Demonstrated capacity to support POGO’s mission, core values, and commitment to becoming an antiracist organization.
Compensation and benefits:
This full-time position is located in Washington, DC and includes the listed benefits.
• Competitive nonprofit salary starting at $50k.
• Health, dental, and vision insurance.
• 403(b) employee investment plan available, with employer retirement contribution through a SEP IRA once eligible.
• Life insurance and long-term disability coverage.
• Metro SmartTrip benefits participation available.
• Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.
Deadline: May 31st, 2021
POGO is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We encourage all interested and qualified individuals to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.