HR and Finance Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
MICRO creates six-foot-tall museums that transform public spaces into interactive learning environments, increasing access for diverse populations and making world-class museum experiences accessible to all. We bring together scientists, designers, and storytellers to squeeze a vast, complex world into museums the size of vending machines. Then we replicate the tiny museums and install them in unexpected places like hospital waiting rooms, transit hubs, and the DMV.
Under the direction of MICRO’s Head of Operations, the HR & Finance Coordinator will support finance and recruiting operations, as well as assist with administrative functions that help achieve broader organizational goals.
The HR & Finance Coordinator will play a key role in recruiting and onboarding new MICROnauts as we grow our team. They will also assist with daily financial operations related to invoices, payroll, budgets, and vendor communications.
In addition, the HR & Finance Coordinator will provide general administrative and logistics support of MICRO’s operations and office systems for telecommunications, office support, and other projects as assigned. This role will support both day-to-day functions of the organization as well as larger initiatives that help drive our mission.
- Support the recruiting and staffing process by managing our applicant portal, conducting phone screens and reference checks, scheduling interviews, and maintaining candidate files
- Assist in the orientation and onboarding process by preparing materials for employee onboarding and assisting in the administration and updating of employee payroll and benefits
- Provide general HR support by assisting in the maintenance of personnel files and compiling information to ensure compliance with all local and federal requirements
- Process incoming invoices
- Coordinate with our Head of Operations and Bookkeeper to ensure accurate maintenance of files
- Assist in payroll administration
- Drive monthly budgeting workflow by distributing reports, templates, and ensuring department heads respond in a timely manner
- Handle vendor communications and resolve billing issues
- Assist with operational and administrative tasks as needed
- 2+ years of experience in an HR or Finance Department
- Comfort with services such as Google Docs, Asana, Slack
- Ability to utilize various software platforms
- Ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
ADDITIONAL SKILLS + QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with 501(c)3 Operations and for-profit business structures
- Technology system savvy
- Experience with Quickbooks Online
- Previous experience with cloud based HR platforms desired
- Passion for MICRO’s mission and values aligned
- Comfortable wearing multiple hats, and willingness to step in
- Extremely detail oriented and able to work accurately under general supervision
- Ability to adapt and adjust in a rapidly changing environment
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Strong verbal, written, and in-person communication skills
- Intuitive and able to pick things up fast
- Innovative and creative, you enjoy approaching projects from unique angles
We are dedicated to reflecting the communities we serve, and especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities. MICRO is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages.
Your application has been successfully submitted.