Director of Marketing Operations
This job is no longer accepting applications.
PresenceLearning is the leading provider of online speech and occupational therapy, behavioral and mental health services, and assessments for K-12 districts for children with special needs. Through our nationwide network of clinicians, PL helps school districts to support their onsite special education teams, and to ensure that every student in need receives the therapy and other services that are essential for their success in school. Founded in 2009, we are a growth stage company backed by Bain Capital’s Double Impact Fund, Catalyst Investors, New Markets Venture Fund, and more. We currently have 140+ employees and 1,500 clinicians working in our network. We are a national company, headquartered in NYC, with additional offices in SF and SLC, and remote employees working nationwide.
Why is this role important?
The Director of Lifecycle Marketing & Operations is responsible for database management, and establishing the overall strategy to nurture prospective customers and other target audiences from the point of acquisition through the marketing funnel. A successful Director of Lifecycle Marketing & Operations is a customer-centric, data-driven, analytical problem solver with a proven track record of building multi-faceted email campaigns to engage and motivate a variety of target customer and audience segments. This position collaborates closely with the Director of Marketing to build integrated multi-channel campaigns to drive business results. This is a key role within the organization that sits in the Marketing department and works cross-functionally with Sales, Clinical, and Product.
What will you do at PresenceLearning?
- Develop an annual lifecycle marketing plan tied to the overall sales and marketing strategy to drive the company’s revenue, recruiting, and engagement business objectives.
- Responsible for database and system management. Partner with Salesforce Administrators to ensure data integrity.
- Manage relationships with third party database and marketing automation vendors including list providers.
- Establish success metrics and KPIs to measure the effectiveness of every campaign. Continuous tracking of campaign performance; employ a test and learn approach; optimize to constantly improve results. Quarterly reporting.
- Evolve our current lead scoring model to ensure delivery of highest qualified leads to Sales.
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Marketing and the Director of Content Marketing to build email campaigns that are an integral part of multi-channel sales and marketing campaigns tied to selling and recruiting cycles and our editorial calendar.
- Create compelling email campaigns (individual announcements, drip campaigns, nurture campaigns, newsletters, etc.) that deliver the right messages and content at the right time to the right audiences (prospects, customers, clinical providers, influencers, etc.) and drive them down the funnel.
- Note that while this role is not responsible for the actual writing and development of the email content, you do need to understand what messaging and content motivates engagement and action, and make those recommendations accordingly.
- Creatively leverage a mix of content types (blog articles, video, research, testimonials, and other resources) to optimize engagement.
- Collaborate with the creative team to evolve our selection of email templates to improve overall design to meet brand standards, expand variety of formats, create different looks for different message types and audiences, etc.
- While email is the primary channel of communication for this role, you will also investigate, recommend, and test new audience engagement tactics.
- Develop best practices to both drive results and ensure quality control.
- Manage and develop marketing operations team member(s).
- Follow industry and competitor lifecycle and email marketing trends; keep PresenceLearning’s strategy relevant, innovative, and competitive.
What are we looking for?
- A strategic thinker and a do-er. This role is responsible for both establishing the overall lifecycle marketing strategy, and rolling up your sleeves and doing the actual work.
- Data-driven, analytical, problem solver who loves to dig into the data, track results, test and learn, and ultimately improve performance.
- Experience in B2B marketing to drive customer engagement and ultimately conversions is a must (B2C is a plus).
- Highly proficient in Marketo, Salesforce, Google Analytics, and Wordpress.
- Marketo Certified strongly preferred.
- Strong experience with all facets of email marketing; experience developing complex campaigns of various types for multiple audience segments, all running in parallel.
- Flexible, entrepreneurial-spirited, with a preference for working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where juggling multiple tasks and quickly pivoting to address shifting priorities is no big deal!
- Collaborative, team player who likes to work cross functionally, and is comfortable working remotely as part of a widely distributed workforce.
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills; comfortable presenting new ideas.
- 5+ years of B2B marketing operations/lifecycle/email marketing experience.
- Experience in K-12 and/or special education is preferred but not required.
Where is this position located?
- This role is based in our New York City office, but will work remotely until further notice due to Covid-19 .
- This position will report to the Vice President of Marketing & Communications.
Your application has been successfully submitted.