Senior Environmental Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Environmental Engineer / Project Manager - Houston, TX
Rapidly growing and highly successful environmental engineering/consulting firm comprised of experienced and innovative technology-based solution providers. We successfully and consistently demonstrate our commitment to excellence, responsiveness, safety and delivery of technically sound environmental solutions driven by our clients’ needs. We are are currently looking to add a Senior Environmental Engineer / Project Manager to our team and will be based in the Corporate office in Houston.
As a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), client is looking for a highly-motivated individual that can provide unique solutions with the “Can Do” spirit fostered by our management team. The successful candidate will be passionate about our company, able to speak extemporaneously about what we do, our goals, vision, values and organizational culture.
We provide services to industrial, commercial and governmental clients. We exceed objectives by actively understanding our clients’ business needs and tailoring solutions to support their business objectives.
- In-situ and ex-situ remediation, specializing in chemical oxidation, to treat saturated soil and groundwater
- Environmental engineering and assessment (due diligence, compliance, litigation support)
- Indoor air quality assessment and remediation (including mold, asbestos and radon)
- Environmental and horizontal construction management
- Chemistry data validation and laboratory audits
- Water and wastewater treatment services, equipment and chemicals
- Engineering and planning response for disaster and emergency response
The Senior Environmental Engineer / Project Manager manages projects and staff. The primary objective of this person in this position is to provide superior technical services and guidance for staff. The person successfully directs projects at various phases of completion, and also from start to finish. We are looking for an ambitious team-oriented manager to contribute to a wide variety of environmental projects, while getting their hands dirty. The duties include conducting and managing field investigations, compliance assessments, report writing, design, field engineering, construction management (technical, schedule and budget) and financial/administrative support.
Daily work assignments can include field inspections, sampling of environmental media (soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, etc.), evaluating data, report writing, engineering, design and drafting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or related engineering field.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in Texas (with ability for reciprocity in other states).
- At least 10+ years of relevant environmental experience.
- Manage demands of multiple projects and multiple customers simultaneously.
- Make sound decisions that lead to successful and safe project completion in a timely manner.
- Provide technical guidance and support to junior staff.
- Teach engineering, consulting, construction and the subcontracting to junior staff.
- Experienced in developing, reading and understanding specifications and drawings.
- Honed communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in AutoCAD/LT. GIS a plus.
- Foster positive working relationships with other senior management and staff.
- Develop, manage and adhere to budgets.
- Possess high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and exactness.
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Established client base a plus, but not a requirement.
- Work with a wide variety of employees, customers and personalities.
- Manage stress and high-pressure situations.
- Possess excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Manage projects at various stages and from start to finish.
- Manage project contracts and ensure that the scopes of work are executed safely.
- Provide project oversight to staff members with technical guidance and direction based on experience and expertise.
- Prepare and review project setups, project plans, schedules, deadlines, goals and objectives.
- Maintain a client centric approach to ensure our client’s highest level of satisfaction.
- Travel as needed, which may be as much as 50% at times.
- Evaluate financial performance.
- Review and approve monthly billing invoices to clients.
- Assist other team members in negotiating and mitigating project related conflicts.
- Make decisions quickly and convey accurate information to assist staff, contractors and clients.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a clear driving record.
- Ability to gain restricted access at military installations requiring background checks.
- Must pass drug test as required by federal contracts.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWWOPER.
- CPR and First Aid certified.
- Proficient with Deltek Vision.
- Working knowledge of business economics and management.
- Business development skills a plus.
Compensation based on experience, plus bonuses and benefits. Company provides leadership development and supports continued education.
Client’s workforce is COVID vaccinated. If you choose to join their company, you must be also."
Client does not discriminate. The position is open to ALL qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.