This job is no longer accepting applications.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
Title: Instructional Designer, Learning & Development (L&D)
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: VP, Human Resources & Administration
Location: Location flexible, Washington, DC preferred
Classification: Full-time, exempt
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
We are seeking an Instructional Designer to further advance the culture of learning at the Foundation. The Instructional Designer will turn content from subject matter experts (SMEs) into inspiring, motivating, and engaging blended learning opportunities for staff. As we continue to adapt to how the world of work will change post-COVID, we are seeking someone to transform traditional face-to-face instruction to hybrid and mixed-mode instruction across the organization, including HQ and country programs, and organization initiatives.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect as an Instructional Designer?
Instructional Design/Training & eLearning Development
· Partner and collaborate with internal SMEs to design and develop trainings through a variety of methods, including but not limited to, classroom training, virtual training, and on the job training, along with meetings, conferences, and workshops
· Build and deploy online courses via Learning Management System (LMS) platforms using eLearning authoring and design software
· Manage project deliverables, schedules, and expectations via project plans and storyboards to establish project parameters, content, and other requirements
· Formalize a project management process using established and successful methodology
· Develop supplemental learning content materials, such as post-training surveys, user guides, resources and tools, presentations, eLearning content, multimedia visual aids, and other materials
· Identify areas of opportunity with technology mediums for content delivery, in a cost-effective way
· Partner with external SMEs, as needed on occasion
Learning & Development
· Lead the system administration for ARIEL Academy, the Foundation’s proprietary LMS; this includes:
o Analyze course data and reporting to make recommendations based on results
o Monitor, maintain, and update the course catalog while evaluating existing resources and recommending cost-friendly enhancements
o Manage partnerships with external organizations and learning portals, such as Humentum, eCornell, Coursera, and others
· Creatively transform PowerPoints to methods of interactive and engaging learning
· Provide project and global support on other key L&D initiatives as needed, such as the Foundation’s management training
· Other duties as assigned
To be successful, you will have…
· 5 years of experience designing content with eLearning tools, such as Captivate, Articulate, Storyline, Camtasia, etc., with an understanding and experience of L&D approaches, methods, and best practices
· Bachelor’s degree
· The ability to work independently, but also collaboratively across the organization
· Strong writing, copy editing, and formatting skills with excellent attention to details
· Demonstrated leadership in the following competencies: creativity and innovation, time management, and customer service
Bonus points if you have…
· Experience with hands-on training and facilitation support
· Familiarity with or interest in nonprofits, international development, and/or public health
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: BIPOC, women and non-binary, LGBTQIA+, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and other members of marginalized communities.
EGPAF provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re fighting for an AIDS-free generation.