Manager of Marketing and Communications
This job is no longer accepting applications.
United Way of Northern New Jersey is seeking a marketing and communications professional to support the United For ALICE project. United For ALICE is a driver of innovation, shining a light on the challenges ALICE (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) households face and inspiring collaborative solutions to address them. ALICE defines a demographic of households that earn above the Federal Poverty Level, but not enough to afford a bare- bones household budget.
Through a standardized methodology that assesses the cost of living in every county, United For ALICE provides a comprehensive look at financial hardship across the United States. Equipped with this data, ALICE partners – representing United Ways in 23 states, corporations, nonprofits, and foundations – collaborate, advocate, and innovate in their local communities to highlight the issues faced by ALICE households and to generate solutions that promote financial stability.
Over the last 10 years, the ALICE research has organically started to change the national dialogue about financial hardship. Even more can be accomplished with coordination and planning.
Working in a collaborative environment, this marketing/communications professional will develop and guide the execution of a marketing and communication strategy aimed at elevating the United For ALICE research and the work being done across the country to change conditions for this financially vulnerable population. This position will contribute to the overall success of the initiative and the organization.
The ideal candidate will possess the confidence and skills to work independently while still collaborating with employees of all levels across the organization.
This position is responsible for conceptualizing and executing a message and marketing strategy, cultivating new partnerships, and further engaging existing partners in our work. The job includes a variety of tasks to ensure the ALICE marketing materials and messages are compelling and concise. This position will be responsible for creating appropriate messaging for web, social channels, public relations, and general marketing materials related to this project. All materials are expected to be professionally organized and executed, thereby properly showcasing our brand to the public.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to brainstorm and develop ideas collaboratively
· Capability to plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and create materials and projects independently
· Attention to detail and timely follow-up
· Exceptional planning and experience executing projects
· Minimum of five years’ experience in marketing and/or public relations capacity
· Relationships with national media outlets a plus
· Conceptualize a message and marketing plan to elevate the research, convey the urgency, attract new partners to the project
· Establish protocols and templates to protect and promote the United For ALICE brand
· Provide creative direction and craft clear, concise language for all related materials
· Ensure adherence to United Way Worldwide guidelines
· Craft a social media strategy, including messages and visuals that showcase the project
· Develop web copy for United For ALICE website
· Create message strategy to engage targeted audience segments
· Develop membership and engagement packages to renew current and attract potential partners
· Craft speaking points to ensure staff and partners adhere to overall message
· Develop additional elements to showcase ALICE research and solutions, i.e. video, advertising, testimonials, impact stories, presentations/PowerPoints, marketing materials, appeals, etc.
· Develop and execute a public relations strategy, including targeted message development and outreach to media outlets (position may require oversight of a public relations firm to assist in the execution of a PR plan)
· Position project results for public consumption
This position is temporarily remote due to covid, however onsite work will be required when conditions require same.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements
Your application has been successfully submitted.