Marathon Strategies LLC
United States Remote / Work-at-Home /WFH
Marathon Strategies, an independent communications and research firm, is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Communications Associate to support public affairs and communications initiatives for a diverse portfolio of corporate, nonprofit and political clients. This position will be operating remotely initially but could be based out of the firm's DC or New York offices in the future.
We are looking for a strong writer who has a natural curiosity in current affairs, politics and the world around them. You may have had an internship in a public affairs or public relations agency, political campaign, industry association or have worked for a few years as a reporter or writer. You will also have strong appetite for news, be resourceful, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Working with high profile political, nonprofit and corporate clients, a Communications Associate will:
- Analyze the media and social media environment to understand how issues could impact a client or industry
- Build media and stakeholder lists that may inform communications and outreach strategies
- Write and produce of range of different materials such as press releases, op-eds, reports, memos, and presentations
- Develop and pitch original story ideas to a diverse range of media
- Develop and cultivate a wide network of media and stakeholder relationships
- Organize and project manage client work plans
Experience and Qualifications:
- Some work experience or an internship as a journalist, in a political campaign, public affairs or public relations agency
- A voracious appetite for news
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A creative mind and a goal-oriented mindset
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
Your application has been successfully submitted.