National Director of Finance
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Team IMPACT is a national nonprofit that connects children facing serious or chronic illnesses with college athletic teams, forming lifelong bonds and life-changing outcomes. Through Team IMPACT, a child battling illness becomes an official (non-playing) member of a college athletic team, attending practices, games, team dinners and more. After two years with the team, the child graduates from the program with demonstrated improvements in their optimism, confidence, and sense of belonging. Parents and siblings gain a community of support and a distraction from medical realities, and student athletes gain invaluable inspiration and perspective that will be carried with them long after graduation.
Team IMPACT is an equal opportunity employer, committed to cultivating an environment where diverse perspectives and backgrounds are embraced, and acknowledging that a team reflecting diversity will allow us to serve our communities better. To that end, we welcome and encourage applicants to bring their authentic selves when considering employment opportunities at Team IMPACT without fear or concern of discrimination/harassment.
Reporting to the CEO, the National Director of Finance (NDF) will set Team IMPACT’s financial policy and direction while also being an active participant in, and driver of, the organization’s overall strategy. She or he will lead all financial administration, business planning, and budgeting. As a member of the senior management team, the NDF will work closely with a motivated and engaged finance & audit committee of the board of directors.
The NDF will lead execution around financial analysis and planning, accounting operations and reporting, budgeting, and bringing our financial capabilities in-house. The position will also be part of the organization’s Senior Management team, focused on developing the overall strategy, direction and operational plan to guide Team IMPACT to realize our vision.
This is an organization driven by its values and its mission, so experience in managing a “values/mission-driven” organization will be highly prized. Additionally, the right candidate will have in-depth financial experience, applicable to relevant industries such as nonprofit and higher education while possessing experience in corporate finance, KPI & metric development, and board reporting. Responsibilities center around 2 key areas Financial Management and organizational Strategy.
• Oversee budgeting, and the implementation of budgets, to monitor progress and develop and present operational metrics both internally and externally.
• Bring the financial accounting and oversight capabilities in-house, including selecting software and reengineering internal processes to ensure financial record systems become more accessible while remaining in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and allowing greater engagement with, and better supervision of all funds.
• Oversee the preparation and approval of all financial reporting materials and metrics for grant-making organizations and Team IMPACT’s board of directors; prepare and communicate monthly and annual financial statements.
• Manage cash flow and forecasting; direct all financial, project-based, and departmental accounting.
• Identify and implement new accounting software system.
• Coordinate all audit activities.
• Review and evolve all formal finance-related procedures, processes, and administration, recommending improvements to the systems in place and managing the systems going forward.
• Review and reconcile accounts payable transactions and activities.
• Oversee accounts receivable staff, gift processing and donor segment activities.
• Lead bi-weekly CRM and bank account reconciliations for financial transactions.
• Partner with the CEO on all financial and strategic issues as they arise; provide strategic recommendations to the CEO based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis.
• Participate in the ongoing strategic planning process as an integral member of the senior management team.
• Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with Team IMPACT’s strategic plan.
• Engage with National Director of Operations for business planning and internal systems creation.
• Engage the National Director of Development to align financial management with short- and long-term financial planning and projections.
• Engage the board finance & audit committee around issues, trends, and changes in the financial health, planning, and presentation for organization operating model and operational delivery.
Our National Director of Finance will be a seasoned and mature leader with at least 6-8 years of broad finance experience, ideally beginning in audit, followed by experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership. She or he must have experience managing finance (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting). Additionally, our National Director of Finance will possess many of the following attributes:
• A minimum of a BS and CPA/CMA; an MBA would be a plus.
• Mature and proactive, with evidence of having worked as a true business partner to the chief executive of a multistate and network-based entity. If coming from the for-profit world, nonprofit board experience preferred
• Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, controls, and reporting; experience in financial analysis and the development of KPIs and metrics is critical.
• Skill in examining, developing, reengineering, and recommending financial policies and procedures.
• Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
• A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality. Needs to be a team player who is committed to lifelong learning.
• A hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment.
• An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills
• Demonstrated commitment to the social sector with a passion for the organization’s mission is essential.
• Evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
• Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into organizational planning.
• Excellence in financial management, with ability to coach staff and develop high-performance teams along with development and implementation of financial reporting strategies.
• Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
Team IMPACT offers a competitive salary and benefits, including 100% staff and dependent health insurance, 401k w/match, and a generous PTO structure. Salary commensurate with experience and skills. Team IMPACT’s main headquarters are in Marina Bay in Quincy, Massachusetts. This position is currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic but will require physical presence in our headquarters when we choose to reopen our office.
Team IMPACT was certified as a Great Place to Work in 2021, the global authority on workplace culture. Come join our amazing team! Working at Team IMPACT | Great Place to Work®
How to Apply
Please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications and how you heard about it to Careers @ TeamIMPACT.org Please note ND of Finance in the subject line; materials can be addressed to Seth Rosenzweig, C.E.O. Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Team IMPACT is a national nonprofit that connects children facing serious or chronic illnesses with college athletic teams, forming lifelong bonds and...