Communications & Engagement Director
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ESDG’s Communication and Engagement strategy works to accomplish four things: 1. Communicate about empowerment and self-defense; 2. Reach individuals who could be trainers; 3. Demonstrate the value of ESD Global’s work; 4. Demonstrate how ESD is a proven part of violence prevention. We achieve this through social media, webinars, online trainings, and other opportunities. ESDG is working to create a movement so that every person has access to ESD training and be a part of a violence free world. This is a full time position.
This position is responsible for driving the strategy forward both in coordination with the regional offices (Europe, Africa, Latin America, Canada & US, Asia Pacific), in working with specific programs (BIPOC, LGBQTIA+, People on the Move), and in developing new approaches and venues (e.g. Podcasts, Wikipedia, LinkedIn, etc). The position is responsible for researching and cultivating media campaigns to reach a diverse audience. This position will supervise two staff members and have indirect coordination of other staff.
• Develop, oversee, and measure impact of ESDG communications and engagement.
• Lead media / communication strategy & outreach with regional and program managers
• Ensure that ESDG communications are integrated across global news and women’s issues in culturally competent ways.
• Design and manage a media archive.
• Supervise staff and contractors that are developing materials to complete in a professional and timely manner.
• Contribute to ESDG programs, staff efforts and other duties as assigned.
• Participate in developing ESDG advocacy and engagement campaigns.
• Identify partners such as universities, community-based groups, Indigenous populations, for communications collaboration such as podcasts, live Facebook, etc.
• Design and implement communications and trainings for staff and graduates.
• Ensure that ESDG communications are integrated across global news and women’s issues and are accurate and culturally competent.
• Write, edit, post media elements for archival or web purposes.
Qualities & Qualifications:
• Ability to work collaboratively across a globe.
• Strong self-starter initiative to launch, design and complete projects in a timely manner.
• Creative problem solving and a drive to build better more effective programs with little supervision.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience such as military service.
• Ability to adapt and modify programs according to geographical, cultural or other needs.
• Supervisory Experience
• Knowledge of ESD or other self defense or martial arts. (not required) • Ability to use a range of software including Microsoft Teams, Survey Monkey, Thinkific, Salesforce.
• Dedication to grassroots change and conducting effective advocacy campaigns.
• Experience networking with partner agencies and volunteers.
• Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
• Ability to understand global issues or news and create relevant, interesting media tying ESDG people and products to global issues.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
ESD Global, Inc. (ESDG) is a small, growing Boston-based non-profit. Our mission is to establish Empowerment Self-Defense (ESD) as a key primary viole...