Senior Associate Director, Marketing & Communications
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Youth INC’s Mission is to transform the lives of New York City youth by empowering the nonprofits that serve them. Youth INC is seeking a Senior Associate Director, Marketing & Communications to join our team as we deepen our capacity to raise critical funds and other resources to support the most promising youth-serving nonprofit organizations in NYC.
NYC is home to some of the best and brightest youth in the world, but too much of their potential remains unrealized. While there are over 1,500 organizations helping children in New York, it’s hard to identify the best and expand their reach. That’s where Youth INC comes in. Since our founding as a 501(c)3 in 1995, we’ve taken a uniquely holistic approach to address the many different needs of nonprofits, from improving fundraising practices and building boards, to funding critical elements of infrastructure. By applying the best practices from the corporate and nonprofit sectors, we empower our partner nonprofits with the tools to achieve sustainable growth. We currently partner with over 75 youth-serving nonprofits that work with over 300,000 NYC youth each year.
We are seeking a Senior Associate Director of Marketing & Communications who can grow Youth INC’s brand awareness as a thought leader in capacity building with demonstrable impact that will fuel future growth. The successful candidate will be able to tie organizational strategy to marketing and communications tactics in support of development events highlighting the impact of our programs throughout the year. Youth INC is a bridge between the business community and the social impact sector serving young people in NYC and this position will be responsible for external relations across all constituencies. This position reports to the Chief Development & Marketing Officer.
• Understand history, current challenges and future potential to design a marketing and communications strategy that supports our organizational strategy and goals
• Design the appropriate team structure, responsibilities and processes to support Marketing & Communications at Youth INC
• Develop creative media strategies to elevate our brand and the brands of our partners, engage potential donors & advocates, showcases the dynamic model and work of Youth INC, and drive revenue-generating initiatives
• Draft and coordinate the approval of press releases, speaking remarks, messaging, annual reports, newsletters, and marketing collateral, including video and photography, across internal and external audiences (including the general public, media, nonprofit partners, funders, boards, and other key stakeholders)
• In coordination with the Development department, define and implement effective outreach strategies for engaging prospective donors and deepening relationships between the organization and current supporters
• Manage relationship with Gladstone Place Partners, Youth INC’s pro bono public relations firm, and stay abreast of relevant news outlets and trends, while cultivating relationships with reporters and press outlets to place thoughtfully timed, high-profile features about Youth INC’s work
• Develop and implement an effective strategy for leveraging social media and other digital communications (website, organizational profiles, etc.) which includes producing engaging copy and graphic design to enhance Youth INC’s brand and further the organization’s strategic goals
• Enhance Youth INC’s ability to manage content internally and across platforms, keeping important information up to date on our website and in collateral
• Oversee website management (currently transitioning from Wix to webflow) and development
• Provide dedicated operational and logistical direction for all events
• Manage Marketing Associate and all freelance designers, photographers, videographers, printers, and other independent contractors
• Review and edit and grant proposals
• Fulfill all other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Marketing, Communications or Business required
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in marketing and communications
• Exceptional writing and editing skills, with 3+ years’ experience writing op-eds and other communications for C-level executives
• Experience supporting/producing in-person and virtual events
• Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate brand marketing
• Excellent analytical, process design and problem-solving skills and demonstrated project management experience; ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks within a collaborative team environment
• Excellent people management skills, including staff development and agency/vendor management
• Experience developing and implementing successful internal communications and engagement strategies for large organizations to have them adopt our social promotion
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, Dropbox, Salesforce, SocialPilot, Feedly, MailChimp, virtual meeting channels like Zoom, and content databases (and ability to make recommendations for the best programs for a nonprofit of Youth INC’s size)
• Experience with Adobe Suite of creative tools (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop).
• Highly collaborative, with an ability to work well in a cross-functional team and manage up, down and across the organization
• Strong understanding and application of diversity, equity, and inclusion issues, trends, and forecasts, preferred
• Enjoy entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission
• Data-driven, results-oriented, forward-looking catalyst for social change
• Self-starter with strong initiative in solving day-to-day problems with limited direction
• Adept at managing your time, and you can balance multiple projects and tasks
• Ability to communicate technical needs and solutions with non-technical staff
• Detailed planning and precise execution; works well under pressure
• Entitled to work in the United States without work permit sponsorship from Youth INC, and able to work from the NYC office full-time, post-pandemic.
Why Work at Youth INC?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of our 25+ year organization. Our workplace culture is fast-paced, challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. This opportunity is currently listed as a Senior Associate Director with the opportunity to advance to a Director. We take pride in developing and advancing our people, which is demonstrated by 70% of our staff partners having been promoted within the last 16 months.
Working at Youth INC means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward. You will enjoy a welcoming and professional environment, self-development opportunities, and benefits like excellent health care and a generous 401(k) match. If you want to work in a progressive organization where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
• Salary Range: $70-90k annually and bonus eligible
• Generous health insurance coverage
• A minimum of 10 organizational holidays, 5 sick days and 22 PTO days holiday per year. Upon your third anniversary, you receive an additional 5 PTO days
• Summer Fridays
• Unlike most nonprofits, Youth INC not only has a Retirement Savings Plan and automatically contributes 3% on your behalf each year, regardless of whether or not you make a contribution
Please submit cover letter and resume to the attention of Paul Irwin-Dudek at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put title of "Senior Associate Director, Marketing & Communications" in subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or agencies please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Youth INC’s Mission is to transform the lives of New York City youth by empowering the nonprofits that serve them. Youth INC is seeking a Senior Assoc...