Associate Director of Communications & Digital Content
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Youth INC is seeking an Associate Director of Communications & Digital Content to join our team as we deepen our capacity to raise critical funds and provide other resources to support the most promising youth-serving nonprofit organizations in NYC.
NYC is home to some of the best and brightest youth in the world, but too much of their potential remains unrealized. There are over 1,500 organizations helping youth in New York and Youth INC identifies those that want to deepen their impact and build the strong and sustainable organizations required to help young people thrive.
We help our nonprofit partners build their capacity in critical areas, including: improving fundraising and governance practices, leadership development, building boards, strategic planning, marketing and funding critical elements of infrastructure. We serve as the bridge for bringing academic insight and evidence-based best practices with talent and resources from the corporate sector to empower our nonprofit partners with the tools to thrive.
Our double bottom line is that thriving organizations help young people thrive! We currently partner with 75+ youth development organizations that work with over 300,000 NYC youth each year.
We believe our team is the heart and soul of our 25+ year old organization. Our team is a diverse group of fun, engaging, savvy people who care deeply about making the world a more just and equitable place.
Our workplace culture is dynamic and challenging as well as supportive and collaborative. We value work-life balance and welcome ideas and suggestions from everyone about how to improve and grow our organization. Above all, we are mission-driven. You will enjoy a welcoming and professional environment, ample professional-development opportunities, and great benefits like excellent health care and a generous 401(k) match.
We also take a genuine interest in the career paths of our team. This opportunity is currently listed as an Associate Director level role with the opportunity to advance to the next level, Senior Associate Director, and beyond. We take pride in developing and advancing our people, which is demonstrated by 70% of our staff partners having been promoted within the last 16 months.
We are seeking an Associate Director of Communications & Digital Content to tell our story and take our social platforms to the next level, highlighting the excellence of our programs and expected growth. This role will keep current and future YI advocates informed of exciting organizational developments, success stories of our nonprofit partners, and support sponsors while ensuring digital platforms are being utilized for maximum impact. This position will help build the bridge between our stakeholders and our work.
This position reports to the Senior Associate Director of Marketing & Communications and is responsible for creating and/or supporting all traditional print communication efforts as well as platform-specific content such as social media and blog posts, videos, and graphic design. Youth INC is looking for a talented content creator to write and produce a variety of campaigns designed to grow awareness, gain followers and increase support.
Skills should include copywriting and design and the ability to dig into data, analyze and draw actionable insights. This role requires a high level of energy and creativity, attention to detail, understanding of digital analytics and project management skills.
CONTENT CURATION, PLANNING & MANAGEMENT:
• Support the transformation and the management of Youth INC’s website (currently in transition from Wix to webflow), including new functionality not yet visible on www.youthinc-usa.org
• Enhance Youth INC’s ability to manage content internally and across platforms, keeping important information up to date on our website and in collateral
• Produce and publish daily content that builds meaningful engagements and encourages audiences to act (volunteer, donate, etc.)
• Produce an overall messaging calendar that can be leveraged by multiple departments, ensuring re-use of content and consistent messaging
• Curate content that is relevant to Youth INC mission and capitalize on news stories and trends to increase coverage for the organization
• Draft and coordinate the approval of press releases, talking points, messaging, pitch-deck templates, and public-facing materials (e.g. campaigns and appeals) for a variety of internal and external audiences, including the general public, nonprofit partners, media, funders, boards, and other key stakeholders
• Understand history, current challenges, and future potential to design and manage a social marketing strategy that supports our organizational strategy and goals to deepen support from existing and attract new corporate and U/HNW individual donors in near term
• Research, plan, and implement multimedia social media strategies to elevate our brand and the brands of our partners, engage potential donors & advocates, showcase the dynamic model and impact of Youth INC, and support revenue-generating initiatives, e.g. corporate partner leadership in ESG
• Track Partner (non-profit, corporate and Board) engagement on social media platforms and results of campaigns /channels and pull strategic insights from analytics to ensure goals are being met. Create and report out on monthly analytics/KPI reports for each channel, analyze results, and incorporate learnings to improve future results
• Identify key influencers and develop strategies to build these relationships and engage with them to broaden our reach and build followers
• Prepare and distribute detailed planning and logistics communications in a timely manner at every stage of an event
• Support the Development team in the production of virtual and live (when it is safe to transition back) events
• Provide dedicated operational and logistical support for all events
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Minimum of 3-4 years of social media and content creation experience, and building a following for an organization
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, including detailed copyediting/proofreading
• Creative storyteller—ability to translate complex narratives
• Strong analytics experience
• Ability to create marketing proposals/presentations and recommendations
• Highly collaborative, with an ability to work well in a cross-functional team
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe CS, Dropbox, Salesforce, SocialPilot, Feedly, MailChimp, virtual meeting channels like Zoom, and content databases
• Fluent in the best practices and cultures of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, and other emerging platforms and experience in creating basic graphics with Adobe Suite of creative tools (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
• Experience with analytics and listening tools such as CrowdTangle, SocialFlow, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Google Analytics, and Parse.ly
• Video production/editing skills (voice-overs, sound bites, video clips) a plus
• Nonprofit or professional AV experience a plus
• This position requires a time commitment that may include occasional evenings, early mornings and (rarely) weekends when events take place
• Able to work in the United States without work permit sponsorship from Youth INC, and able to work from the NYC office full time, post-pandemic
• Highly collaborative, with an ability to work well in a cross-functional team and manage up, down and across the organization
• Effective communicator with strong oral and written skills
• Strong understanding and application of diversity, equity, and inclusion issues, trends, and forecasts is preferred; openness to learning is essential
• Enjoy entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission
• Data-driven, results-oriented, forward-looking catalyst for social change
• Self-starter with strong initiative in solving day-to-day problems with limited direction
• Adept at managing your time, and you can balance multiple projects and tasks
• Ability to communicate technical needs and solutions with non-technical staff
• Highly organized and efficient
• Detailed planning and precise execution; works well under pressure
• Capacity to work creatively with archival materials
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
• Salary Range: $60-80k Annually and Bonus Eligible
• Generous health insurance coverage
• A minimum of 10 organizational holidays, 5 sick days and 22 PTO days holiday per year. Upon your third anniversary, you receive an additional 5 PTO days
• Summer Fridays
• Unlike most nonprofits, Youth INC not only has a Retirement Savings Plan and automatically contributes 3% on your behalf each year, regardless of whether or not you make a contribution
Please submit cover letter and resume to the attention of Paul Irwin-Dudek at email@example.com. Please put title of "Associate Director of Communications & Digital Content" in subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or agencies please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Youth INC’s Mission is to transform the lives of New York City youth by empowering the nonprofits that serve them. Youth INC is seeking a Senior Assoc...