Marketing & Events Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Shelburne Vineyard Marketing & Events Manager Job Description
Shelburne Vineyard is seeking a passionate and knowledgeable individual who will create and execute marketing strategies to promote our growing business. In addition, they must have experience in and a love for event planning and customer service. This multifaceted role requires a wide array of skills, with organization and the ability to self-motivate being absolutely imperative.
As a member of the management team, this individual will have a lot of creative freedom to take this position in the direction they see fit, however they must be able to prove success through objective metrics.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing and/or a minimum of 3-5 years experience as a Marketing & Events Manager
- Understanding of brand development and proven experience in brand strategy execution
- Previous experience and proven success managing private events and large public events
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Deep familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva and Adobe Spark
- Familiarity with data analysis tools like Facebook Pixel, Google Analytics, Squarespace Analytics, plus the ability to interpret and adapt marketing plan accordingly
- Excellent customer service skills
- Schedule flexibility (this isn’t a 9-5 position)
- Desire to learn about Vermont wine and become an advocate for our tiny wine region!
Brand Building: Developing a cohesive brand that tells the story of SV
- Work with brand strategy firm and SV management to coordinate, develop, and execute a brand refresh for SV to increase customer perception of value and command higher prices and increased sales in both the Tasting Room and on retail shelves. (Note: for the first several months after this person takes the role at SV, the brand relaunch project will also be supported by the previous Marketing Manager).
Connecting with Consumers: Instagram, Facebook, email promotions
- Build strong online communities through our various social media platforms and email list
- Grow our followers through high-quality content, promotions, give-a-ways, and connect with other influential businesses and individuals to further our reach
- Work with Tasting Room Manager to ensure that all email promotions and newsletters have a uniform brand look and language, and maintain a schedule of marketing emails
- Update local newsletters and forums like Front Porch Forum and the SBA newsletter about any changes and updates to service and offerings
Paid Advertising: Facebook Business Suite, Google Ads, print advertising
- Create online advertising campaigns and monitor keywords and analytics to evaluate strategies and generate leads
- Create print advertisements for Seven Days and other local publications you deem necessary and monitor the value-add of this type of advertising
Building relationships with restaurants, bars, and shops
- Develop target restaurants, bars, and shops both locally and nationally that could be a good fit for Iapetus/ SV wine, and pursue relationships; Work with distributors to make connections and increase sales
Website and Online Presence
- Increase online sales by keeping up our online brand presence and increase website traffic through marketing efforts
- Update Shelburne Vineyard and Iapetus Squarespace E-Commerce Sites regularly, troubleshoot any issues, and make -sure the design evolves as the brand evolves
- Use Squarespace marketing tools and analytics in tandem with your marketing strategies to better understand your audience and target what campaigns work and which didn’t work
- Manage promotional pop-ups, discount codes, and information bar
- Follow SEO best practices to optimize website visibility in natural search results
Update Google, Facebook, Yelp, and Instagram Profiles for any changes
- Ensure hours and service is properly listed and explained, and any changes are communicated
EVENT PLANNING RESPONSIBILITIES
Private Events: Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners, Holiday Parties
- Coordinate private events from start to finish. This includes fielding inquiries, coordinating event logistics, finalizing billing and dedicating time to client relations. The position requires timely interaction with potential and already scheduled private and corporate event customers as their communications arrive
Public Events: Concert series, fundraisers, Food and Wine Festival
- Create, coordinate, market, and fulfill Vineyard-sponsored events such as concerts, festivals, and unique events
Off-Site Events: Promotional Tastings, Holiday markets, creating more visibility outside of Shelburne
- Create, coordinate, market, and fulfill off-site events that introduce the brand to a broader audience and create relationships with other businesses to cross-promote and host events
- Individual will be responsible for quarterly rotating exhibitions showcasing local artists; this includes working with artists or organizations like Arts So Wonderful to coordinate exhibition schedule, updating our listing in the Vermont Art Map, and hosting opening receptions
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At Shelburne Vineyard, we have been pioneers and champions of the Vermont wine region for over two decades. Thoughtful stewardship of the land is our ...