This job is no longer accepting applications.
Title: Development Director
Status: Full time, exempt
Reports to: CEO
Pay Range: $60,000-$75,000 annually, eligible for 20% performance bonus (compensation package based on experience and skill sets)
Benefits: PTO (personal and sick), Medical (25% employer contribution), Dental & Vision (employer paid), 401k plan, and an annual Professional Development and Personal Wellness contribution
The Development Director’s (DD) primary function is the responsibility for all fundraising initiatives and activities for the organization. The DD will be a primary driver in achieving budget expectations (currently $2,750,000 with growth expectations toward $4,000,000). In coordination with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the DD is responsible for development planning, cultivating and maintaining relationships with supporters, developing a strong Development team, developing and building community visibility, ensuring a strong pipeline of proposals, ensuring the integrity of development data, achieving development targets, and reporting relevant development results. As a member of the leadership team, additional responsibilities can include: strategy development, operational planning, issue resolution, and organizational culture development. The DD works within the guidelines, policies, and mission of the organization and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned.
Competencies and Responsibilities
• Ability to connect and build trust with various stakeholder groups and cultivate relationships
• Possesses a strong base of Development relationships and is comfortable working with this network in support of economic and social mobility through entrepreneurship
• Comfortable in making an “ask” to various stakeholders for significant levels of support
• Proven success in securing large gifts and meeting organizational budget expectations
• Excellent leadership, management, and decision-making skills
• Proven ability to meet deadlines, multitask and prioritize workloads
• An understanding of the non-profit, voluntary, and social services sector
• Strong communication skills
• CRM or data entry experience
• At least 7 years of experience in fundraising or sales, with a demonstrated track record of success in meeting significant fundraising goals
• CFRE certification is an asset
• Consistent with strategic and annual plans, the DD is responsible for the planning, implementation, management, and evaluation of all activities related to development.
• The DD is responsible for the development of revenue categories, including research, identification of potential contributors, developing the case for giving, and developing and maintaining relationships.
• Analyze the organization’s donor trends to identify opportunities and challenges and develop strategies to ensure funding goals are consistently met.
• Research and develop funding proposals for relevant (individual, corporate, foundation, government, events, etc.) funding streams.
• Monitor revenue and expenses against budget reports on fund development and recommend changes as necessary.
• Responsible for budget development (overarching revenue and related expenses) and management and project-plan development.
• The DD works directly with the Board of Directors to increase fundraising and development efforts of the Board.
• Liaise with and support third party development initiatives, as needed.
• Remain current on all legislation and ethical practices pertaining to fundraising.
Management of Development Team
• In alignment with vision, guiding principles, strategy, and annual plans, the DD plans and manages the work of the Development staff (including staff, contractors, volunteers) including supervision and evaluation, training and team building.
• Coordinating and facilitating Development department meetings to maintain effective communication.
• Ensure staff, Board, and volunteers are adequately positioned to carry out Development activities.
Database and Reporting Tools
• Compile, maintain, and report donor analytics.
• Ensure the timely and accurate distribution of reports.
• In collaboration with the CEO, the DD will ensure RMMFI’s donor management system (Zoho) meets the needs of the organization.
• Responsible for the development, implementation, supervision and management of fundraising tools, systems, and databases.
• Build relationships with stakeholders to advance RMMFI’s mission, strategic plan, and fundraising goals.
• Consult on all public-facing events to drive both mission and development objectives.
• Local Organization: The Development Director, when required, is responsible for working with the Board’s Development Committee / Task Force and other assigned committees to implement and manage fundraising initiatives, focusing on higher dollar gifts.
• Local Community: The Development Director will participate in local community organizations as deemed appropriate.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute (RMMFI) is a business incubator and financing program focused on reimagining social and economic mobility. RMMFI...