Sr. Back End Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Also Energy is seeking a Sr. Back End Software Engineer, highly experienced in MS SQL Server, C#, and .NET to join our growing development team. We are responsible for providing highly performant data storage, access, and interfaces for a wide variety of front-end and utility applications, while encapsulating complex user hierarchy, permissions, and sharing structures of the data to enable application layers to focus on delivering targeted, industry-leading solutions to a diverse and growing number of stakeholders.
At Also Energy, you will maintain, enhance, and extend our cutting-edge SaaS-delivered software platform, including services, APIs, and databases. You will collaborate directly with product owners and other developers to gain understanding of new features, dependencies, and technical details. You will be relied upon to build and test models, solve problems, and ensure code changes meet business requirements, fulfill user needs, and drive innovation to elevate and improve upon the existing platform and constructs. You will be empowered to play a key role in fueling significant changes to both our platform and the company. We are looking for engineers who are inspired, passionate about coding, self-driven and enjoy working in a dynamic and highly productive team.
• Design and build server-side infrastructure software to manage, process, and deliver energy and financial data through our web APIs
• Design, develop and deploy high-volume, enterprise-level services and utilities to support both native and web-based applications
• Participate in system and database design, architecture decisions and code reviews
• Be a key part of the software development process, designing a flexible, scalable platform and working together with the development team to support, improve, and extend the existing code
• Provide input on emerging software technologies and patterns and balance time, compatibility, logistical, and integration considerations
• Documentation of product enhancements and bug fixes
• Other duties as assigned
• 5+ years experience in .NET
• 5+ years experience in C#
• Experience in .NET, MVC, TSQL, including query optimization, database design and indexing
• Some familiarity with .NET Core, MS SQL Server, SQL CLR, WPF, C++, XAML
• Functional understanding of Sockets, HTTP, FTP, RESTful and SOAP APIs
• Version control tools such as git or svn
• Demonstrates technical problem-solving abilities, effective communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
• Enthusiastic about learning new things and taking on new challenges
• Highly organized, detail oriented and able to work autonomously given high-level requirements and minimal direction from managers
• Ability to take initiative, understand the big picture, compromise, look forward, be open-minded, anticipate problems, and assess risk
• Observant and a contributor to patterns and conventions that make the team greater than the sum of its parts
• Enjoys brainstorming with team members and able to leverage constructive feedback
• Solutions driven
• Office Setting, primarily in cubicles
• Moderate to high noise levels (i.e. business office with computers, phone, printers, moderate traffic)
• Ability to sit or stand (standing desk provide upon request) at a computer terminal for an extended period
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate (talk/sign/type/write) and operate a computer, telephone (or alternative), keyboard (or typing device), etc.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
• Regular, predictable attendance is required
AlsoEnergy offers a competitive salary and a full list of benefits. The benefit offerings include full health benefits on the first on the month following employment (5 medical plan options-HDHP and PPO, 2 dental plans, FSA/HSA-with employer contribution, employer paid vision/LTD/STD/Life, variety of voluntary coverage), 401k (pre- or post-tax) with match after 90 days of employment, 9 paid calendar holidays per year, 2 floating holidays per year, and 3 weeks of PTO per year that begins accruing day one. Our bonus structure is designed to encourage collaboration across the company by creating common goals. We set revenue targets per quarter and as the team achieves those targets, employees receive a percent of their salary paid out the month after quarter close. The revenue targets are ratcheted so for partial achievement, there is partial payment.
You will work in a growing, profitable company with a fun and creative environment with a talented group of individuals that have a passion for building renewable energy systems.
This is a salaried exempt position, M-F, with additional weekend work as required.
This position is based in Boulder, CO. Relocation assistance is available.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Also Energy is always seeking new talent to add to our dynamic team in order to provide the most comprehensive energy monitoring and financial managem...