Creative Director, Global Marketing and Communications
This job is no longer accepting applications.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 79 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. We are a global organization and brand, working to create a healthier and more sustainable planet through both protection of lands and waters as well as forward-looking, science-driven innovation.
Importantly, The Conservancy is embarking on a new way to frame our conservation work and how we talk about that work, inspire our staff and trustees and ultimately bring our message to audiences who will engage, connect, donate and enthusiastically share that work and our overall vision.
The Nature Conservancy has a deep commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We seek to create an inclusive and diverse culture among our team members, volunteer leaders, supporters, partners and the communities where we work to promote conservation work that is both equitable and just. This is true of us and the work we support. Equity and justice are essential to creating a world where all of nature, including humanity, thrives.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
We are looking for a proven creative thought leader and practitioner…someone who shows up every day hungry to tell stories that matter, stories that inspire, shape, drive and stay with people. This time in our world, and in our society, requires organizations like TNC to have a strong and compelling voice. Are you a creative leader who is excited by that challenge?
As a highly accomplished designer-by-training and practiced strategic leader, you will contribute to setting the standards for the vision, craft, and creative output of both the Global Marketing and Communications Division, as well as TNC’s internal network of marketing and design colleagues. You should have expert knowledge of industry best practices, and advancements in trends across all new and emerging social and digital platforms, and know best how to deploy our brand across channels to engage and compel action.
The Creative Director is responsible for TNC’s creative expression and presentation, development of thematic campaign ideas and executions that support The Nature Conservancy and our strategic priorities. As a leader across multiple design disciplines, they will serve as an expert in visual identity, style and design systems that aligns with our brand strategy.
They provide creative direction and leadership by leveraging opportunities provided by our worldwide conservation work and current events to highlight the urgency for action in the most effective marketing channels. The Creative Director ensures The Nature Conservancy’s messages reach diverse audiences across the world.
The Creative Director oversees a team that develops innovative ideas and messages across all traditional and digital platforms including video, photography, design, audio, events, infographic and production services. They will inspire and mentor designers throughout TNC, and collaborate with colleagues throughout TNC to produce top-notch creative assets while focusing on cultivating a culture of collaboration and growth.
The Creative Director aligns staff efforts that match Marketing and Communications division priorities. They will, directly and indirectly, work with content creators throughout TNC as they craft stories that engage audiences and compel the action that allows TNC to achieve its mission. They work closely with and manage relations with other marketing leaders and internal and external stakeholders, including senior management and internal teams, to direct, oversee, and coordinate the implementation of ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
• Oversee development of creative deliverables for both external-facing and internal-facing TNC audiences as required.
• Partner and collaborate with our TNC divisions globally, such as External Affairs and Global Conservation, as well as with senior global marketing and communications leadership team which includes TNC’s Digital Marketing, Global Communication, Brand Marketing, North America Marketing, Global marketing teams (including Latin America, Africa, Europe and Asia Pacific) Corporate Partnerships and Internal Communications.
• Influence and collaborate with both executive and senior-level executives, science and conservation stakeholders in order to encourage uniform adoption of TNC’s brand guidelines.
• Champion and engage TNC stakeholders with our unified brand creative expression & guidelines.
• Strategically and tactically lead creative to formulate, establish, and implement workflow, operations, production and asset management.
• Financial oversight of the department, including setting the budget and managing budget expenditures.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and minimum 10 years related work experience or an equivalent combination, including at least 3 years experience at a senior management level.
• Experience leading and managing a large multi-disciplinary team or complex program, ideally within a federated organization model.
• Proven experience and excellence in traditional and digital creative development.
• Highly proficient in creative ideation across platforms and audience segments.
• Experience cultivating and managing relationships with senior-level executives, Board of Trustees, Board of Directors and/or external creative content partnerships.
• Experience conceptualizing, developing and executing marketing, campaigns, plans and programs.
• Experience in program management, including broad financial responsibility and measuring results of strategic plans and programs.
• Experience in event design.
• Highly experienced in collaboration, persuasion and executive communication.
• Global creative management.
• An expert in visual and experience design – spanning web, social, mobile, apps, email and print.
• Experience developing, implementing and evaluating multifaceted strategic marketing or publishing plans and programs.
• An effective team leader and collaborator with executive presence.
• Excellent communications, public speaking and presentation skills.
• Extensive management experience, including the ability to motivate, lead, set objectives, manage performance and help with conflict resolution on a large multi-disciplinary team.
• Proven ability in planning, managing and adhering to annual and project-based budgets.
• Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
• Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 79 countries, all 50 U...