Open Table Inc. seeks a highly skilled executive Director to lead our 33-year-old non-profit organization whose mission is to end hunger in the local community by providing healthy food in ways that respect the dignity and diversity of those served. Located in Maynard, MA, Open Table serves 21 communities in MetroWest. Open Table offers a wide variety of healthy and culturally appropriate groceries and prepared meals at our main facility and through several mobile pantries and delivery programs.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will provide vision and dynamic leadership to a growing non-profit as well as supervisory oversight for a staff of 13 and over 500 volunteers. The Executive Director oversees the strategic and operational efficiency of our programs and staff and will help define the role of the new 3,000 square foot warehouse. Understanding of the population and community we serve is critical to success.
The successful candidate will need to be flexible in the ever-changing landscape of food insecurity. Above all, s/he/they will be comfortable in a leadership role that demands clear communication and decisiveness.
The Executive Director will:
● Work closely with the Board of Directors to create strategic and business plans for the attainment of objectives
● Build and lead a culturally diverse effective team and work collaboratively with the clientele and community to fulfill the organization’s mission
● Meet aggressive annual fundraising goals, in partnership with the Board of Directors, securing financial support from foundations, corporations, individuals, and government funding sources, and events
● Oversee all external communication materials including, website, marketing materials, newsletters, and social media content
● Serve as the face of the organization and actively participate in external events, both increasing visibility, credibility, and brand in the community, and also developing strategic partnerships in order to expand the organization’s program to new communities
Skills and Qualifications
● Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree / MBA preferred
● 7+ years of senior management experience, preferably with a nonprofit
● Experience creating and managing budgets
● Extensive fundraising experience
● Strong public relations and marketing experience
● Proven success working with a board of directors
● Entrepreneurial and charismatic team player who enjoys being the public face of the organization
● Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance.
Send resume and cover letter by July 31, 2022 to: Search@opentable.org
Open Table is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.
More Love, Less Hunger