Senior Help Desk Engineer
CMIT is looking for a Senior Help Desk Engineer to join our team. This position will have a broad range of responsibilities and provide high technical and complex solutions for a 24/7 MSP. Must have experience with network and server. The ability to support the help desk team in L2/L3 tickets. Will be working with other employees as a mentor and trainer to help develop additional skilled technicians.
- Provide excellent customer service to our clients and partners
- Provides technical assistance to clients to resolve computer hardware and software problems via telephone or electronically from L2/L3 escalated tickets
- Provide support to the Help Desk team with network and server issues
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties
- Ability to manage multiple clients and projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment addressing issues promptly
- Provides support to clients in problem resolution, guides users through troubleshooting procedures, and develops troubleshooting scripts
- Provide remote assistance to end-users in the use of existing and new technologies, hardware, and software
- Performs upgrades to hardware & software
- Understanding of IT security, with the ability to identify and escalate policy violations
- Recommends system modifications or hardware and software improvements to reduce or eliminate user problems
- Contribute to company knowledge base and continually work to keep documentation up to date
- Performs other duties as assigned
* All new hires will spend a minimum of 30 days training as a First Responses Technician (FRT). Our FRT team is our front-line contact for our clients who need support.
- Minimum of 7 years experience
- Must be able to work flexible days/hours – some on-call duty is required
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Previous MSP experience
- Required:Strong Network experience with the following manufacturers networking equipment, including HP, Cisco, SonicWALL, Ruckus, managed switches
- Strong Server experience with Microsoft Server 2008+ deployment, migration, and management
- Strong troubleshooting background
- Experience with all Windows Desktop OS
- Experience with Hosted Exchange
- Experience with Microsoft productivity applications
- Microsoft CSP, AZURE, O365
- Desired:Familiarity with SonicWALL firewalls, Dell/HP/Cisco,
- Experience with virtualization technologies VMWare and Hyper-V
- Previous job experience with project and vendor management
- PCI experience
- Communication, both written & verbal
- Problem solver
- Time management
- Prioritize and Multitask
- Critical Thinking
- Negotiation and Persuasion
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred Associate degree Background in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or Science or equivalent experience
- Industry standards certification: VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
* This job description is an overview of the responsibilities for this position. However, responsibilities are subject to change.
CMIT Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need assistance with our application, please contact the Human Resources Department at 401-385-9966.
Your application has been successfully submitted.