Social Current will convene and catalyze a dynamic, inclusive, multifaceted network of human/social services organizations, leverage the collective experience of the field and research, and spark a current in the sector to propel continuous evolution and improvement. Social Current is grounded in our values to be unifying, intrepid, just, and purposeful in all that we do. We will advocate for and implement equitable solutions to the most challenging issues facing our sector, and more broadly to society. By creating a space for collaboration, innovation, policy, and practice excellence, we will elevate the voices of communities and community-based organizations to drive systemic change, influence federal policy, and ignite the change needed to create an equitable society where all people thrive. Our work will support the social sector who is responsible for responding to the vital needs in their communities.
The Accreditation Coordinator brings value to Social Current with a background in human and social services and has a commitment to improve the lives of individuals and families. The Accreditation Coordinator works closely with human service organizations seeking accreditation as their single point of contact, providing valuable insight, support, and technical assistance ensuring organizations successfully navigate through Social Current Standards and the accreditation process. This role facilitates the various stages of accreditation, such as intake, self-study, site visit/review and post-site visit reviews while working with the Site Visit Review Teams to ensure consistency and excellent customer service throughout the entire accreditation process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· facilitating the accreditation process for organizations by providing valuable insight, standards interpretations, and technical assistance
· assessing an organization’s administrative operations and services and assign standards
· proactively engaging organizations to ensure that they achieve their accreditation milestones
· reviewing organizational/programmatic policies, procedures, and other documentation to assess implementation of standards and assessing the organizations readiness towards achieving COA Accreditation
· identifying potential challenges; and working with organizations to access additional resources, and providing ideas and support on how to demonstrate implementation of the standards
· offering professional subject matter expertise to provide training and technical assistance to support the assigned work
· staying current with emerging trends, best practices, legislative activity, and service delivery uniqueness for assigned responsibilities
· collaborating with colleagues to provide consultation and technical assistance to Review Teams, to ensure each Team has the information and resources necessary to complete the accreditation process
· participating in cross departmental meetings
· collaborating with colleagues to provide feedback regarding volunteers with performance concerns
· developing and maintaining a strong understanding of COA’s Accreditation standards, rating system and decision-making processes
· evaluating site visit/reviews and ratings, work collaboratively with staff and volunteers (Review Teams and Commissioners) to clarify ratings and develop recommendations
· synthesizing and analyzing complex information to complete and communicate recommendations and decisions to organizations/programs and volunteers
· evaluating organization/program responses and other documents (e.g.: policies and procedures, etc.) to assess implementation of standards and assess the organization’s readiness to go before the Accreditation Commission
· answering questions from organizations about general standards questions, the Final Accreditation Report, and questions on preparing for reaccreditation
· maintaining accurate and up-to-date information in the data management system, including contributing to the collection, recording, and integrity of data to ensure accurate reporting and analysis of accreditation processes, dashboard measures, and monthly statistics; and provides reports, as requested
· Work collaboratively with colleagues in various departments to ensure a smooth and positive accreditation experience for the organization and volunteers who conduct the reviews.
· Proactively identify and develop efficient methods to support the work of the Accreditation Operations and initiate opportunities to improve other processes
· Represents Accreditation Operations and Social Current on committees and work groups with internal or external stakeholders, as assigned
Education and Experience
· Master’s degree in human service field and three (3) years of related work experience, or bachelor’s degree level with five (5) years of demonstrated experience in the human services/social services field
· Experience in direct care services, preferred
· Experience with/knowledge of accreditation standards/processes, preferred
· Practices reflect Social Current’s mission and is responsible, flexible, reliable, and dependable
· Demonstrates a commitment to high quality and responsive service
· Proactively identifies opportunities and takes action to improve operations
· Offers and accepts constructive feedback
· Contributes to the development of new ideas and takes initiative
· Actively engages in problem solving; Responds to complaints; Seeks resolution of conflicts
· Is organized, efficient, and effective; Sets goals for work tasks; Identifies priority issues; Meets productivity standards
· Works collaboratively with others to encourage and support the accomplishment of goals/tasks
· Provides exemplary customer service to all stakeholders; Interactions are timely, responsive, and courteous
· Shows respect for each person’s individuality and preferences, and the cultural/ethnic diversity of stakeholders
· Demonstrates a commitment to learning and improvement; Pursues activities to enhance personal and professional growth for self and others
· Protects the confidentiality and the information/documentation obtained by nature of our work
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to ten pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Travel is expected; approximately 10 days a year.
Salary and Benefits
This position will offer an annual salary based on standard work hours of 35 hours per week. The salary range for this position is $55,800 to $60,000. Social Current offers a generous paid time off plan (PTO); medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits; and a 401(k) retirement plan.
Your application has been successfully submitted.