Director of ESG
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Verisign is in a remote work posture until July 5, 2022. Remote considered, hybrid preferred.
This role leads Verisign’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) reporting and engagement. It draws together the various strands of our ESG work, liaising with stakeholders across the company. The jobholder produces regular reporting and assessments of our ESG performance relative to our own goals and to the performance of our peers, ensures compliance with the relevant regulatory and shareholder-driven standards, and makes recommendations on future policy and action.
- Continuous monitoring of performance against corporate ESG goals. Regular benchmarking of Verisign ESG performance against peers, and against industry trends and best practices. Proactive identification of issues, risks, opportunities and trends that may impact the company from an ESG and corporate responsibility perspective.
Reporting, disclosure and controls:
- Development, maintenance and execution of regular cadence of ESG reporting, both internal and external, including production of an annual ESG Report, and other reporting products as needed.
- Development, maintenance and execution of appropriate disclosure controls and procedures related to ESG; inclusion of key ESG disclosures in regulatory filings.
- Develop and maintain an ESG dashboard for functional leaders and the executive team.
- Manage ESG reporting to third parties as appropriate.
- Convene internal ESG conversations to drive corporate ESG strategy; produce recommendations on action, policy or behavior change; work with internal stakeholders to enact these recommendations and develop a cohesive narrative around them.
- Contribute to evolution of Verisign Cares program, under guidance of Verisign Cares steering group and contribute to evolution of DEI agenda, in consultation with HR.
- Manage vendor relationships as appropriate
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- 12+ years of related experience that includes direct experience with ESG programs in a corporate environment, including working with reporting and ratings frameworks, is required
- Demonstrable knowledge of ESG frameworks, standards and trends is required
- Advanced skills in writing and report preparation are required
- 3+ years of related experience in the technology sector is preferred
- 3+ years of Project Management experience is required
- Executive presence along with a passion for teamwork and collaboration are a must
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience, is required
- Master’s or graduate degree in ESG, CSR or a related discipline is preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.