Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer
About the job
Girl Scouts River Valleys (GSRV) is seeking candidates for a newly created Executive Team position, Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer (CDEIO).
As part of the pre-eminent leadership development organization for girls, GSRV welcomes individuals and families of all cultural backgrounds. We believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, access, and racial justice (DEIA/RJ) are central to our mission. The CDEIO will be key to our continued success as we develop girls – ALL girls - of courage, confidence, and character.
The work of the CDEIO will include:
• Developing and operationalizing strategies to increase diversity and inclusivity among GSRV’s members and within its programs
• Cultivating relationships with key stakeholder organizations, commissions, and individuals, including governmental and elected officials, community leaders, and school district administrators. • Ensuring that DEIA/RJ priorities are accounted for in strategic planning and budgeting
• Recommending and advocating for programs, funding, and proper legislation (within IRS non-lobbying guidelines) for issues especially important to girl members
To be considered for this position you must have:
• Demonstrated leadership in promoting and addressing issues of DEIA/RJ and community engagement
• Been successful in a complex organization, inspiring and empowering culture change
• Progressive professional experience with a minimum of five years in a senior leadership role
• Exceptional leadership, communications, collaboration, planning, and project management skills
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (master’s degree preferred) in public health, psychology, organizational development, education, or humanities (or related) and a minimum of five years’ leading diversity change efforts in an organization
Compensation: ~$150,000 salary and strong benefit package
For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.