Instuctional Design Coordinator
The Instructional Design Coordinator at the Nutritional Therapy Association is responsible for the successful integration of online learning technologies; supporting students, instructors, and staff with implementation and use of these technologies; and enhancing the student learning experience through design and development of learning materials and maintenance of the LMS.
This position contributes to the success of the organization by enhancing student learning, contributing to the development of dynamic curriculum, and providing support for all Learning Management System (LMS) end users.
The Instructional Design Coordinator should have a knowledge of adult education theory and how to employ technology to enhance the learning experience. They will be an expert in the LMS to support functional implementation while working alongside the other team members to create content. This position will serve as an integral part of the Academics team.
KEY RESULTS & ACCOUNTABILITIES
LMS Development and Administration
• Create a course master framework for all classes for each cycle, ensuring all information is accurate and ready-to-go for instructors within 3 weeks of course start date.
• Update finalized curriculum within courses as needed at the direction of the Curriculum Manager.
• Interact with the organization’s CRM tool Infusionsoft to onboard students into the LMS.
• Maintain accurate user databases by adding, removing and managing users and user roles in the LMS.
• Conduct research on trends and best practices in the adult online learning industry and provide input to academic team leadership on products, services, and enhancements.
• Assist in the analysis and implementation of additional technology-based curriculum tools that can integrate with the LMS.
• Be adept at troubleshooting LMS issues in a timely manner.
• Design and create organization-specific LMS training materials for internal and external customers.
• Be the main point of contact between the internal organization and the LMS host.
Content Framework Design
• Conduct ongoing research on delivering content in an online adult education setting and implement findings as they align with team projects and goals.
• Assist in determining the optimal format for assignment and assessment delivery based on module content, Learning Outcomes, and student feedback.
• Based on team feedback, develop framework for curriculum development and implementation in the LMS, including style guides for assignments, assessments, and other content.
• Participate in the curriculum review process.
• Ensure content accessibility considerations are included in framework decisions.
• Set timelines and deliverables for assigned projects with consideration for the LMS product roadmap, academic calendar, and team goals.
• Partner with the Curriculum Manager and/or Director of Academics as needed to address content and timeline conflicts ensure each assigned project meets its deadline and maps to established goals.
• Initiative – Recognizes and creates opportunities and acts accordingly. Is proactive rather than waiting passively for it to happen.
• Adaptability – Ability to remain fully functional by adapting to changing circumstances in the environment, procedures, people, etc.
• Customer orientation – The ability, willingness, and drive to find out what a customer wants or needs and to act accordingly in the best interest of both the customer and organization
• Attention to detail – An ability to “sweat the small stuff” and process detailed information effectively and consistently
• Communication – The ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing and adjust language to fit the audience
• Creativity – An innovative mind and spirit and an ability to see options outside of the usual parameters
• Problem analysis – An ability to detect problems, recognize important information, and link various data; to trace potential causes and look for relevant details
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, technology management, or related field with 3+ years of experience required.
• 1+ years of project management experience preferred.
• Applicable and demonstrable experience in a related field in lieu of education will be considered.
• Previous experience in design and development of or implementation of technology-based instructional materials in an educational or training setting
• Knowledge of E-Learning authoring tools (such as Captivate, Articulate, or Lectora) and previous LMS administration required.
• Competitive Wages
• Comprehensive medical, vision and dental benefits program
• Excellent training opportunities that foster career growth
• Company paid Vacation & Sick Pay days
Your application has been successfully submitted.