At B3 Group, we are people-centric and value service excellence. Our people are results-oriented and driven by the desire to serve the organization and our clients. We are a close-knit company that believes every employee should be treated with respect and have the opportunity to do meaningful work. Our company culture is what guides, inspires and motivates our employees.
B3 Group Inc is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to support an initiative within the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The Data Analyst will be expected to analyze and create data sets from disparate data sources. The existing data sets are focused on Human Resources data with an expectation of additional disparate sources in the future. The initial efforts will be focused on Data Analysis and Business Intelligence reporting. Must have experience with AWS technologies.
A B3 Analyst will have experience in gathering data regarding performance, cost, and compatibility attributes of commercial off-the-shelf software and development applications. They will have experience in the analysis, design, and integration of information systems as well as the ability to detect problems with software applications. The B3 Analyst will be able to translate systems requirements from the business, and be experienced in gathering and compiling data necessary to analyze software architecture. They will be able to evaluate data to quickly identify problems, issues and gaps and recommend solutions.
- Research and develop data and statistical models for analysis.
- Analyze and model structured data using advanced statistical methods and implement algorithms and software needed to perform analyses.
- Collaborate with client to understand and recommend activities related to Analytics.
- Analyze data, data sets and create data sets.
- Develop ETL data flows between data sources as required to create data sets and perform analysis.
- Integrates and prepares large, varied datasets for analysis. Identify and assess data attributes using statistical software packages in order to develop recommendations and analytical processes based on mission requirements.
- Researches, develops, implements and utilizes statistical methods and strategies to address tactical and strategic problem sets, while working with a technical team.
- Interprets and analyzes data collected from a variety of sources using exploratory and statistical techniques, validating findings using an experimental and iterative approach.
In order to be successful in this position, we expect you to have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or related field.
- At least 5 years related experience in business intelligence and analytics performing increasingly complex data analysis and report/dashboard development.
- Proficiency querying data sources including Amazon S3, Amazon RedShift, RDS.
- Experience working with unstructured, structured data including CSV, XML, SQL, Oracle.
- Experience working with Analytics tools and technologies including Amazon Athena, Hadoop.
- Proven ability to analyze data sets, identify patterns and draw insights
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing with client and team members. This will include
- experience documenting and presenting findings.
- Excellent analytical skills, organizational abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who works efficiently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain public trust clearance.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable internet service that allows for effective telecommuting.
COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to start date. Fully vaccinated means being 2 weeks post last vaccine shot.
Desired / Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Scrum and Agile methodology and processes.
- Experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs or other federal organizations.
- Prefer current AWS certifications.
Successful B3 Group employees will display the following characteristics:
- You strive to be an expert in your field currently and in the future.
- You take care in learning your customer’s business and drivers in order to ensure solutions meet not only technical needs, but also support their mission properly in a way that meeting their client's mission.
- You like to make your client look good.
- You find solutions, where others only see problems.
- You are proactive, you make and meet commitments, and you perform your duties exceedingly well.
- You are always aware of the client’s needs and are well-versed in what both your team and B3 Group can offer them.
- You can work with diverse, integrated, deliverable-driven teams to accomplish the larger mission.
- You take a collective responsibility to create an environment where colleagues feel included, respected, and comfortable to be themselves.
Competitive Benefit Package available to all full time.
B3 Group, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms, and conditions of employment, or practices on the basis of race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help people do technology faster.