Data Integration Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At B3 Group, we are people-centric and value service excellence. Our people are results-oriented and driven by the desire to serve the organization and our clients. We are a close-knit company that believes every employee should be treated with respect and have the opportunity to do meaningful work. Our company culture is what guides, inspires, and motivates our employees.
The Cloud Data Integration Engineer is responsible for the integration of new capabilities and managing the integration of existing capabilities for federal agencies in support of various project or customer requirements. This role will work closely with architects, engineers, and integrators to assess customer requirements and to design and support data integration from various tool sets to the integration layer and Federal Dashboards to ensure compliance with dashboard data requirements. This role will establish standards, guidelines and quality assurance for database deliverables, such as conceptual design, logical database, capacity planning, external data interface specification, data loading plan, data maintenance plan, and security policy Additionally, the selected candidate will serve as a trusted advisor, providing subject matter expertise, guidance, and best practice recommendations. Must have experience in Azure environment.
A B3 Technical Sr. Analyst will apply expert systems analysis and design techniques to complex enterprise systems. They will have a broad knowledge of data sources/flow, interactions of complex systems, and capabilities/limitations of systems software and computer equipment. The B3 Technical Sr. Analyst will be able to establish frameworks for new computer systems from feasibility studies to post-implementation evaluation, recognize probable conflicts, and integrate diverse data sources. They will provide innovative solutions for a variety of complex problems and prepare overall project recommendations.
- Develop data pipelines in Azure (Azure Data factory, Microsoft framework)
- Design, develop, test, and provide production support of the integration development process.
- Perform data analysis and data modeling to create a source to target mapping documents.
- Create documentation for the installation, configuration, and implementation of these connectors and processes.
- Perform functional testing and provide support to test team and to tool subject matter experts through systems engineering life cycle.
- Understands and applies information system or operational solution related data modeling methods and tools to perform data integration tool interoperability
- Provide Tier 3 support to operations teams when deployed into production.
In order to be successful in this position, we expect you to have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related area
- 3-5+ years of Data Integration experience with a minimum of 4 years of IT enterprise experience.
- 3-5+ years Azure experience.
- 3-5+ years of experience with system integration API such as Parquet, JSON, XML, XSLT, SQL, XML, and VMF (Variable Message Formats).
- 3-5+ years of experience with code development interfacing with SQL, NoSQL, other relational and non-relational databases.
- 3-5+ years of experience using technologies such as Spark, Impala, Unix Shell/KSH, control-M, SQL, Hive, and Oracle PL/SQL, Apache Atlas, Trifacta.
- Hands-on experience with Data Bricks, Synapse or Azure HDInsight.
- Hands-on experience with process building & deployment, alert framework/exception handling, connectors/listeners.
- Experience in a DevOps model leveraging the following services GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Openstack.
- Excellent communication, and relationship skills to articulate advanced technical topics and build consensus among clients and technical stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills working in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adhere to defined processes & procedures, and suggest improvements.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust (moderate risk) clearance.
COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to start date. Fully vaccinated means being 2 weeks post last vaccine shot.
Desired / Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and/or other federal organizations.
- Experience with Agile methodology, Scrum approach, SAFe, and DevOps.
- Experience with Azure DevOps Services is a plus.
- Advanced SQL, NoSQL query, and scripting. Experience with Python, Java.
- Experience with relational database systems (i.e. DB2, SQL Server) and non-relational databases such as (Azure SQL, Amazon RDBS, MongoDB, Hadoop tools).
- Experience querying and populating Data Lake technologies (Azure Data Lake, Amazon S3).
- Understanding of data design concepts (i.e. data modeling, data mapping, OLTP, and OLAP).
- Overall strong background in systems engineering, security engineering, architecting, enterprise integration, and interoperability in a complex systems environment; knowledge of emerging cybersecurity technologies.
- Experience modeling data, message, and service interoperability.
- Understanding of technical, operational, and management issues related to design development, and deployment of complex and distributed systems.
- Understanding of interrelationships between critical infrastructure protection and cybersecurity.
- Terraform experience is a benefit.
- Azure Powershell knowledge is a benefit.
Successful B3 Group employees will display the following characteristics:
- You strive to be an expert in your field currently and in the future.
- You take care in learning your customer's business and drivers in order to ensure solutions meet not only technical needs, but also support their mission properly in a way that meeting their client's mission.
- You like to make your client look good.
- You find solutions, where others only see problems.
- You are proactive, you make and meet commitments, and you perform your duties exceedingly well.
- You are aware of the client's needs at all times and are well-versed in what both your team and B3 Group can offer them as a whole.
- You have the ability to work with diverse, integrated, deliverable-driven teams to accomplish the larger mission.
Competitive Benefit Package available to all full time hires.
B3 Group, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices on the basis of race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help people do technology faster.