About This Role
Hello prospective pickle! Design Pickle is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our team and help us develop new ways to inspire our customers and streamline processes for our global network of creatives. You will be tasked to build and maintain the right data pipelines and data models to power our decision-making and enable actionable insights.
The ideal candidate will be able to create efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable data models, ETL designs and data integration services. They will also be required to support and manage growth of these data solutions. Given our aspirational vision, to be the most helpful creative platform in the world, and the nature of our products, this role requires entrepreneurial drive and thinking, comfort with ambiguity, and ability to break down and solve complex problems.
If you have ever wanted to make a significant contribution and help shape the trajectory of a startup, this role is for you!
Reports to: Direct of Engineering
On a daily basis, works closely with: Engineering, Product Management, Product Marketing and Global Operations.
Location: Design Pickle is a fully remote company with a Company Hub in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Who We Are Looking For
First, Design Pickle is anything but typical. We’re a group of hard-working, creativity-loving individuals from around the world.
Do we love pickles, too? Most of us! But don’t stress if pickles aren’t your thing. It’s not a deal-breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something though because our employees’ uniqueness is what helped make us the great company we are today.
We stand by our vision, purpose, and values, and these are mission-critical to how you show up every single day.
Specific to your role, we’re looking for individuals who have...
- 2+ years of experience in software development and full product lifecycle.
- 3+ years of experience in writing SQL statements.
- 5+ years of experience in ETL design, implementation, and maintenance.
- 5+ years of experience with object-oriented programming languages (e.g., python).
- 5+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- Experience in the data warehouse space.
- Experience analyzing data to identify gaps and inconsistencies.
- Experience managing and communicating data source and data pipeline plans to internal audiences.
- Sharp problem-solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements.
Bonus Pickle Points:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience working with AWS services - S3, Redshift, ML
- Experience working with Data Lakes
- Experience working with and building reports using tools like PowerBI, Tableau
- Proficiency with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience working autonomously in global teams.
- Experience influencing critical decisions with data.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
As a fast-growing company, our roles are always evolving. However, we want you to know exactly what you’re walking into. In the first 90-days, here is a preview of what’s expected:
- Conceptualize and own the data architecture for our suite of tools and analytics platform.
- Create and contribute to frameworks that improve the efficiency of logging data, while working with data infrastructure to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, product design and product marketing to understand data needs, representing key data insights in a meaningful and actionable way.
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets.
- Determine and implement the security model based on security and privacy requirements, confirm safeguards are followed, address data quality issues and evolve governance processes.
- Design, build and launch sophisticated data models and visualizations that support our products and global operational processes.
- Solve data integration problems, utilizing ETL patterns, frameworks, query techniques, sourcing from structured and unstructured data sources.
- Optimize pipelines, dashboards, frameworks, and systems to streamline development of data artifacts.
- Mentor team members for best practices in the data engineering space.
- Commitment to documentation.
Benefits, Compensation, and Perks
Uncapped PTO: Hate seeing your PTO hours decrease as the year goes on? Not anymore! There is no cap or number associated with the amount of PTO days you can request.
Major medical healthcare: We offer Bronze, Silver, and Gold major medical plans through United Healthcare which is managed seamlessly through Gusto.
Dental and vision insurance: We work with Beam Dental and VSP for ancillary coverage.
Remote-work flexibility: More productive at home? Not based in Scottsdale, AZ? Fine with us! We are a remote-first company with people all over the country.
401K: Plan for your future with our 401K program.
World-class Company Hub: More productive in an office? Also, fine with us! Our Company Hub is set up with state-of-the-art standing desks, high-definition monitors, breakout rooms for meetings and calls, a podcast studio, a relaxation room, a merch wall, and a cold plunge! ….yes, we said a cold plunge.
In-office gym: Our Company Hub also has a small CrossFit-style gym with Peloton studio available for any pickles to use!
Life changing massage chair: We change lives through creativity...and massages. Our team has traveled far and wide to take advantage of a life changing massage chair that is housed in our Company Hub. One massage is all it will take to radically transform your life.
New parent leave: Design Pickle encourages all primary caregivers to take up to 8 weeks leave for a new family member, including adoption, at full salary.
Paid training and personal development: We offer a yearly stipend for employees to continue to grow their skillset and learn things to help them in their careers.
Stock option potential: We give our tenured staff a stake in what we’re building here.
Pet insurance: Have a furry friend? Design Pickle offers pet insurance through United Pet Care for discounted vet visits, medication, and procedures.
Team retreats, social events, and adventures: Pickle collaboration is important to us! We host regular social events, get-togethers, and experiences for our staff.
About Design Pickle
Design Pickle was founded in 2015 with a vision to change lives through its creative software, solutions, and services. Since then, the company has grown to be the leading flat-rate creative services company in the world. We have served tens of thousands of clients with a team that spans the globe.
In 2019 & 2020, Inc. 5000 listed Design Pickle as one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
We are a company that takes our core values to heart:
We aim for Mister-Rogers-Level friendliness; every interaction comes from a place of inclusion, empathy, kindness, and respect.
We are resourceful, efficient, and committed to constant improvement by leveraging our time, technology, and resources.
We speak from the heart, operate with integrity, and guide every decision, conversation, and action with honesty (even when no one is looking).
We embrace our collective responsibility to delight customers, support our teammates, and give back to the community.
We are ambitious creators with grit by the jarful. We take ownership of our decisions and grow from our mistakes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Changing Lives Through Creativity