This job is no longer accepting applications.
Starting Salary: $92,336 annually, plus excellent benefits
Position Closes: June 25
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause
Do you have a passion for connecting and building relationships? Are you a leader who wants to provide an environment for staff and volunteers that fosters teamwork, builds relationships, supports the development of quality programs, and facilitates good stewardship of branch resources?
As the executive director, you will oversee the total operation of a YMCA branch, including membership, marketing, programs, facilities, volunteer and staff development, financial development, community relations, and collaborations with community agencies. You will coordinate the development of advisory councils and committees. You will foster a climate of innovation to develop member-focused programs which support the Y mission, goals and strategies.
You will represent and promote the YMCA in the local community and develop positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses and governmental entities. In this role, you will develop, manage, and monitor the branch operating budget, direct branch strategic planning efforts, and develop the annual operating plan of the branch. You will also participate as a key staff leader in the Annual Campaign by telling the Y story, by recruiting, leading and supervising volunteers and securing charitable dollars to fulfill our mission.
As a full time employee, you will receive a medical/dental/vision benefits package, retirement savings plan, Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), life and long term disability benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), Extended Leave Plan (ELP), and a family membership to the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties.
Are you a good fit?
This position should have a track record of leading staff and departments to achieve set goals.
- A commitment to valuing and promoting diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, business or equivalent.
- Six or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
- Ability to direct total operations through volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of branch budget, marketing and public relations, and program development.
- Experience in management and development of volunteer involvement; ability to recruit top community leaders.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of
- the community.
- Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
- YMCA Multi-Team or Branch Leader certification preferred.
Your application has been successfully submitted.